Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

OK this is a weird one but it is driving me nuts. I have a B400 with the Givi 266 AF windscreen which fits like a glove. Problem is when I have the scoot on the kickstand and have to 'bump' it forward to get it off the kickstand. This causes the handlebars to move 'up', which whacks out the mirrors and causes the handlebars to bump into the windcreen when at either extreme.

Yeah I know, a first-world problem indeed...

So the obvious thing to do is take off the handlebar Tupperware and crank down on the Allen head bolts. I have done this a couple of times to the point where I bent the crap out of the wrench.

So I'm wondering if there is something I can do to make these puppies stay put. Is there something I can put in the channel for the handlebars to prevent them from moving? Hoping there is some old trick out there - there always is - on how to cure this problem.

Pete

·
Premium Member
14,258 Posts
Sounds like the grooved pattern embossed on the bars that helps the caps grip them when you tighten the caps down has stripped. You can pull one of the caps off and inspect the bar to see if that is the case. Not sure how you are going to fix it though.

You might be able to shim with some strips of aluminum cut from a soda can and placed between the caps and the bars. That might give you enough extra grip.

·
Registered
122 Posts
An old farmer's trick is to use a few pieces of old inner tube wrapped around the handle bar once or twice and then crank the clamps down.

Custom made rubber 'grip'. Works well on riding lawn mowers, tractor levers, etc.

Kim

1 - 3 of 3 Posts