Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
736 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Invincsum,

Quote from " Feedback for Suzuki " Area ...

I'd appreciate the option of choosing different handlebars for a Burgie. The 400 bars are OK but a little stretched out for my short arms. And if I sit back farther, it's even more of an issue. Even a couple of choices re: reach would be appreciated.
Have a look here ...

http://www.equinoxmc.co.uk/pages/fr-set ... r-rise.htm

Greg ...

·
Registered
793 Posts
First, check to see that the wiring and hydraulics can be extended those
2 inches because Suzuki likes to save 3 cents per bike by not allowing any more
length to anything than what it had been originally intended to have.

Using risers would make the handlebar covers also rise up and create
a gap in the body of the Burgy.
Being creative about closing the gap might involve some foam that is color
coordinated with the rest of the Burgy to give it a seamless custom look.

I don't post in the Feedback for Suzuki area out of ethical reasons,
concerning the possibility of message deletions.

·
Premium Member
3,008 Posts
I have installed riser/extensions a friend made for me on both the 400 and 650. They look very similar to those on sites mentioned. The brake lines, cables, and wiring were long enough. However on the 650, it was close and required a little adjustment the routing. On the 650 the handlebar covers still worked, but on the 400 I had to remove the lower half of the HB cover.

I have a question for anyone who has seen the riser/extensions shown on the sites. The middle bolts of the riser/extension shown in the site pictures and instructions, do not appear to go thru the lower section of the riser into the stock HB holes. Is this true? If not, having only one bolt securing the HBs to the bike would be a concern for me.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Thanks so much, Paul, Greg and Roy. I'll show these to my Suzuki service/parts person and see if they can order and install these. (I'm not mechanically inclined.)

Cheers,

Bryna

1 - 5 of 5 Posts