Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
806 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My fingers get cold and I don't want to buy heated gloves. Today I saw a V-Strom1000 with black plastic covers or mitts bolted to the clutch and brake housings. The rear part was designed to sit in the groove between the hand grips and the handlebar end weights. It was just the thing I was looking for. The owner said it came with the bike when he bought it (Used). and didn't know where to buy them.
Dennis Kirk sells a generic set made from soft material but I like the rigid set I saw today.

Does anyone know where to get them and how well they work?

·
Registered
3,933 Posts

·
I'm Retired
9,364 Posts
While I know some people will disagree, I think the hard plastic handguards will do little to protect your hands from the cold in the winter. The problem is the wind goes over, and then back behind the handguard so quickly, you don't get a chance to warm the air.

Handlebar muffs work well and I've used them for years. I wimped out this year and bought heated gloves, but there are times I miss the simplicity of just hopping on the bike and sticking my gloved hand inside with no wires to connect.

You'll broaden your choices if you search online for ATV handlebar muffs too. The ones I bought were actually sold for ATVs and only cost me about $20.

I found the airflow would push them backwards to touch the brake levers. I fashioned a very simple "L" bracket that would go from the bar end weight forward and then bend in front to hold the muff out. I drilled a hole in it and used the existing screw for the bar end weight to hold it on.

Chris

·
Registered
3,933 Posts
Daboo said:
You'll broaden your choices if you search online for ATV handlebar muffs too. The ones I bought were actually sold for ATVs and only cost me about $20.
Chris
Also snowmobile handlebar muffs.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts