Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
14,257 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took Sting 100 mi east to visit the family and take my 80 year old mother for a ride this weekend. I'm now halfway through the 600 mile break in purgatory. Mom loved the bike except she said the seat was so wide it felt like she was riding a horse. My neice took one look at it and said that's not a scooter it's a motorcycle.

I rode mostly in OD so that I could better control the RPM and varied speeds from 55 to 70. Interesting I'm now showing 70 at 4000 rpm. I guess the belt in the trans has seated in and is not slipping any now. The owners manual said it would slip some during break in. I did run it a little faster a couple of times. Once when I put my feet pack on the passenger foot rest and leaned over racer boy style. I thought I was maintaining a steady 70 but when I glanced down at the speedo I was running 85. It was running so smooth that I couldn't feel the change in speed. I also picked up the speed when I decide to test the lean angle in a sweeping douple S curve and kept adding speed and laying it over. I was hitting 90 out of the last curve and still only made it about 2/3 of the way over to the chicken stripe. Have to find some sharper curves.

I averaged 54.89 mpg for the trip. Speeding up and slowing down to vary the RPM probably hurt the mileage some. When I filled up in Longview a fellow in a Ford pickup pulled in and started filling up. He walked over and said "they've really fancied up these little scooters haven't they". His eyebrows went up when I said "yea it's got 650 cc motor and will do 110 or better". He had to take a closer look and I had to show him all the features and the trunk under the seat. He just shook his head when it cost me $5 to top up my tank after 109 miles and his pump kicked off at $65. :D I told him I could relate because my other vehicle is a GMC pickup.

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
Glad you are enjoying the scoot so much.
When I had my 400, it was already broken in so I didn't have to watch the rpms. Thank goodness.

·
Premium Member
14,257 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Like the new Avatar Pinwheel

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
Buffalo said:
Like the new Avatar Pinwheel
thanks. it's one of those smileys from smileycentral.com figured i'd change it up a bit.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts