Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
578 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just not my day today. Had reversed scooter onto path at back of house I just moved into a month ago. Gave it a bit of gas to go around the path, must have given it too much slid across the grass smack in the side of the raised concrete pond. Smashed all the upper front side and the bumper of the front tire is all smashed too. Can't believe how much damage there is. Groan, just hope insurance will fix it. Got a $500 deductible to pay but that is minor. It all happened so quickly too. I was so looking forward to a ride too. Just not the ride I had in mind. Got onto the insurance company and they will have to send an adjustor out to check it out. Can't even move the bike, got it upright but that is it. Jeesh, what a way to start off the New Year. Sally

·
Administrator
20,116 Posts
As long as thats all the damage, none to you is a good thing. It happens. Pictures? Sorry Sally, I had to ask. :twisted:

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
Ouch! So sorry. Reminds me of the time I dropped my Burgman, which fell on to my wife's Vespa.

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
well if sympathy loves company my poor KLR is on it's side in Australia with a bunch of wimpy girls who

a) knocked it over
b) can't lift it ....

fortunately it was in storage mode - no seat, no gas no battery and it's got a few love marks from my adventures in the mud - not always upright.

Grass will get ya.

Fortunately my so far pristine 2009 650 is hibernating in th garage away from the slippy stuff outside.

Ouch on damage
Good on it's just the bike and pride ;)

I must admit your title sounds a bit scatological :D

·
Registered
99 Posts
I have experienced the same thing as all you need is some wet grass or mud under the wheel, then a little throttle is all thats needed to do an 180 in the amount of time it takes to say "oh shoot". In my case the mud was under leaves on the side of the road and the only thing hurt was my pride. I hope you get your 400 back on the road soon.

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
Sorry to hear about that. I know you have been without one for a while. Hope it all works out for you.

·
Premium Member
578 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
MacDoc, no, no poop involved thank heavens. I did swear and use some colourful language and threw my gloves on the grass. Adjustor is coming out tomorrow to look at the damage. I will take photos when I get home from work. If it is still light enough to do so. Just hoping as I said before that it is repairable. My daughters are sure not going to be happy, they don't like me having the scooter and this will raise their argument for not having one again. oh well, such is life.
Could have been worse, maybe the angels tried to stop me leaving the back yard for a reason.
Sally.

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Gotta listen to those angels, Sally. Sorry they had to yell so loud to get your attention, but at least they kept you from something worse out on the road.

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Sorry to hear of your mishap Salley. Grass and such can bite you before you know what's happening. Wet grass is even worse. Been there, done that. You are not alone.

Good luck with the insurance people.

Namaste'
Doug in Kentucky

·
Registered
352 Posts
Sorry to hear about your bike, but glad you were not hurt.

My only tip-over in the past 10 years was when I was backing my old V-Strom off the covered patio behind my house. The patio is all level until the last section when there is a 4 inch step off to the right side. Sure enough, I wasn't paying attention and put my right foot down onto.... air. By the time my foot hit solid ground, the bike was already doing it's Titanic imitation leaning 45 degrees to the right. Too late. Gently set it down with just a few scratches and a bruised ego.

Just when you least expect it.....

·
Premium Member
11,296 Posts
Bummer.

·
Registered
3,396 Posts
Dang, i caught myself at how OP could drive if in South Canada it's -10 Celsius and snow knee-deep. And then checked the weather in BC :eek: Very tempting indeed :cool:

Poles changin'

·
Premium Member
578 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Update: scooter picked up Thursday morning by towing company and is now in the shop getting stripped and assessed. I will know more next week when the adjustor gets back to me. Colourful bruises coming out on shins, wrists and hands.
The weather has not been too bad these last few days, Monday was the first warmish sunny day we have experienced in a while so I was eager to use the scooter instead of the car. Oh well it happened just have to deal with it and go on from here. Have a great weekend folks. Hugs Sally.

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Thank you for getting back to us. My wife has been bugging me daily for more information as I told her about your misfortune. I have been checking to see if you had posted...

I thought you said that you were uninjured? Bruising doesn't happen usually without injury. Are you okay?

Namaste'
Doug in Kentucky

·
Registered
770 Posts
well if sympathy loves company my poor KLR is on it's side in Australia with a bunch of wimpy girls who

a) knocked it over
b) can't lift it ....

fortunately it was in storage mode - no seat, no gas no battery and it's got a few love marks from my adventures in the mud - not always upright.

Grass will get ya.

Fortunately my so far pristine 2009 650 is hibernating in th garage away from the slippy stuff outside.

Ouch on damage
Good on it's just the bike and pride ;)

I must admit your title sounds a bit scatological :D
My stepfather backed into my Qlink while it was on the center stand. A week and a half after I bought it. Thanks, dude! :(

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
Sure enough, I wasn't paying attention and put my right foot down onto.... air. By the time my foot hit solid ground, the bike was already doing it's Titanic imitation leaning 45 degrees to the right. Too late. Gently set it down with just a few scratches and a bruised ego. Just when you least expect it.....
I too did this on my ex-Honda Deauville with my wife on pillion. When I asked her why she didn't help me by putting her foot down her response was; "Which foot? I DO have two you know!" (ps: My dear wife has a university degree, I kid you not.) :confused:

·
Administrator
20,116 Posts
I too did this on my ex-Honda Deauville with my wife on pillion. When I asked her why she didn't help me by putting her foot down her response was; "Which foot? I DO have two you know!" (ps: My dear wife has a university degree, I kid you not.) :confused:
When it comes to me spending money, my wife has NO problem putting her foot down. :( :rolleyes: :D

1 - 20 of 27 Posts