10% discount (outlawlife)
Shipping
Total: 180.73

buggypartsnw.com bill:
Dr. Pulley Sliders 19g: 54.95
Dr. Pulley Variator Slide Piece: 17.95
Shipping 5.00

Total: 77.90

I have no experience with the "DPS", I just read enough that they are about equal to stocks and offer a little more performance and possible mpg at high way speed.

I bought them because they are less expensive than stock standard rollers.

Total bill to complete replacement of front half of CVT:

Clutch looks brand new, so didn't bother with it. Belt is brand new also. CVT has 38,806 miles on it!

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
A few pictures for review...
https://plus.google.com/photos/103201839200623869601/albums/6030117805132339569

Can you guess the mileage. The clutch looks surprisingly good, new infact...

I'm a total newbie at this, so I thought these had 3 or 4 shoes, mine has 5. What does that mean?
It means you have the 08 clutch. It went from 3 to five shoes, 07 to 08. Looks brand new.

Does the odometer not work? My 07 has 40k and still runs fine on the original front cvt works, save clutch, belt, etc.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It made all kinds of racket when idleing, but when running fast enough to engage the wheel it got quite. And when you turned off the engine there was a very pronounce thud/clunk. As you can see by the pictures, the rollers are all very junked out.

Upon examination, I can see that there is definitely a pattern to where the junked out parts are. The rollers have a very different right and left side. On all the ramps of the variator where the rollers were put in "backwards" there are very pronounced scrape and wear marks. So basically as the variator turns, the pressure of the wall of ramps pushes against the rollers, if they are put in so the metal part is touching the wall, then extreme wear will happen, as shown in my pics.

In the mean time that I am waiting for my new parts to get here I put it all back together, with only the plastic parts touching the ramp wall. It made it ride-able, and it is very much quieter. Amazing how such a simple mistake of putting the rollers in backwards can do so much damage to the ramps and variator.

Notice that the fan has a fantastic amount of damage on it also. My favorite is the middle part where someone put the filter screw in to far and just let the engine make room for the new screw in the fan.

I took it out yesterday and have a lot of high frequency vibration at 6000 rpm and higher. I can only assume that the fan is the culprit. But I think the tires aren't balance either, as I don't see any weights on the wheels anywhere... Dynabeeds ordered!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts