Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

· Premium Member
772 Posts
Yes, I can relate. I'm going through this right now, #3 had me laughing and grabbed my attention. As I continued reading, it got better as I realized this is me. Sadly... although I have been combating these facts with triple digit motorcycle riding. Keeps me young and may help me "pass" sooner not requiring a diaper and a nursing home.

· Premium Member
9,677 Posts
I'm 65, I took care of my father with dementia, my mother, a psychotic, until they passed, dad at74 mother at 82. I want to die while I'm still young, hot, an makin the ladies happy! (mostly because I can still drive at night)

· Registered
1,840 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I can remember, and enjoyed, when 'The Who' sang about wanting to "die before I get old". ("My Generation").

Now I'm grateful that between then and now such strides have been made in medical science.
They've kept me fit and well enough to enjoy my two bikes, and riding those keeps me young at heart.

· Registered
68 Posts
My adult aged daughter and I had this discussion a few weeks back. I reminded her she and her twin brother were 43 years old this year... and at age 68, l was well past "middle-aged".
It seems never to have dawned on her I'd probably not live until I was 130.
Seems she's inherited her good looks and intellect from her Mom. :sneaky:

· Premium Member
9,677 Posts
yup my daughter got her good looks and smarts from her mom too,,, at least I think thats where they went,, cause they sure are gone

· Premium Member
2,642 Posts
I'm 68, does that qualify as "nearly 60"?
Pickleball, pedaling, pool 🎱, and putting (on Burger or 883) keep me going. Also, trying to figure out wife 🙄

· Premium Member
772 Posts
I'm 68, does that qualify as "nearly 60"?
Pickleball, pedaling, pool 🎱, and putting (on Burger or 883) keep me going. Also, trying to figure out wife 🙄
If you figure that out write a book, you'll be rich.
I want the first complimentary copy please. We are wired differently for certain. I have a good one and wouldn't trade her for anything...just saying sometimes it's a mystery.
Branch Natural material Twig Feather Terrestrial plant

· Administrator
18,098 Posts
If you figure that out write a book, you'll be rich.
I want the first complimentary copy please. We are wired differently for certain. I have a good one and wouldn't trade her for anything...just saying sometimes it's a mystery.
Wifes brain before meds Terrestrial plant Plant Natural material Twig Fashion accessory

Wifes brain after meds Creative arts Rectangle Art Jewellery Woolen

· Premium Member
9,677 Posts
Too late, all the magic smoke got IN

· Administrator
18,098 Posts
I am growing old, forgetful, crotchety, but not color blind. I have a chunk of 900 pair telephone cable in the garage that is split into 25 pair groups and can reach in and pull out any pair still today.

I was working at Starbucks Corp Headquarters in Seattle and we ran a 900 pair cable from all 11 floors to floor #7 main telephone office.. I had to divide the cables out and punch them down on blocks, on both ends. Of the 8 guys on the crew, I was the only one schooled on big cables.

Reactions: CROSSBOLT

· Administrator
18,098 Posts
Do you have to wear glasses yet ?
I had 20/10 vision till I was 40 years old and 20/15 at 50 years old, no glasses..... Then a light switch was flicked and I required 1.25 readers. With 20/10 vision I could see where the M-16 bullet was hitting targets at 25 meters .

Now at 67 I have 1.5 normal vision correction and 3.75 Reading correction.

I can read upside down and can read and write mirrored.

Edited for syntax error

• Helpful
Reactions: DarisPakar

· Administrator
18,098 Posts
When I worked on telephone lines I'd go into the main central office and run jumpers for phone numbers over to the ADSL internet interface then out to the "outside distribution blocks.

Each block had wire wrap pins and were very tight, 25 pairs across and 5 pairs tall for 250 phone numbers per block. There were 1,000 of these blocks in each office, a 12,000 to 36,000 line switch.

They would give you a 10 digit number of where your customers phone number was and you'd have to count them out. it was hard to see. And your customers Dial Tone was on only 2 pins in a set. This was when I started needing reading glasses.

The first block was something like what I had to work with. The second block is an outside distribution that is missing all its pins on the left and all the lightning protection modules on the right side. I had to install all the pins and the modules when I was building out a switch room. Probably 1,200 wire wraps in an hour, 10 hour day.

Rectangle World Toy Architecture Font
Circuit component Font Hardware programmer Computer hardware Electronic engineering

1 - 20 of 42 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.