Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
822 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just had my second group ride with the the Ventura chapter of the SCRC today (Southern Cruisers Riders Club). For those who are familiar with SCRC (they're worldwide), most of them drive large Harleys and Meric Cruisers, although group rides are open to anyone with a motorized bike. A lot of new people on this ride (to Solvang, CA). Everyone was quite impressed with the Burgman 650. And for those behind me, they just couldn't believe how well this bike handled on the twisties... as well as how easily it kept up (actually, a lot of them had problems keeping up!).
If any of you get a chance to ride with the SCRC in your area, go for it!
These riders (at least the Ventura chapter) REALLY love to ride! The first ride I went on was 270 miles total... this one was 288 miles! Now THAT's what I call a group ride!!

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
You went in the snow? I have lived here for 47 years & this is the first time I have ever seen it snow except in the mountains. What is all this stuff about global warming.
I have seen hail before that looked like snow but this was the real thing & it came down hard for quite some time.
Good thing you had your ride in the mountains last week.

·
Registered
822 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
gruntled said:
You went in the snow? I have lived here for 47 years & this is the first time I have ever seen it snow except in the mountains. What is all this stuff about global warming.
I have seen hail before that looked like snow but this was the real thing & it came down hard for quite some time.
Good thing you had your ride in the mountains last week.
No snow (but it rained yesterday)... today was perfectly clear!
Snow was in around Wrightwood, near where we went last week! Today was Solvang, about an hour north of Santa Barbara near the coast. No snow on today's ride but it sure was cold!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts