Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone,

I was just thinking how we as a group could get discounts on manuels and parts, like the windshields etc.

If anyone has any knowledge or connections with individuals or whatever maybe they can let us know how many people have to purchase in order to get like a wholesale cost. then we can distribute from there.

Maybe mixing items can be done such as 3 windshields for a 650 2 for a 400 and so on.

Good idea or bad?

Thanks,

George

·
Registered
370 Posts
I think you'll find you'll need a LOT more quantity than 5-10 at a time of an item to get a discount. Dealers usually order in dozen or gross quantities to get any further discount from their catalogue prices. It's a good idea, but you're not talking about enough business to get anyones attention at 3-5 units of anything.
YMMV
jac

·
Premium Member
1,593 Posts
It's a good idea but my experience with group discounts on a Corvette forum was somewhat less than satisfactory. First, they required 20 people minimum in order to qualify for the discount on the part. Even though 40 - 50 people expressed a real interest when it was first offered, it took at least 3 weeks to get 20 people to put up the money so the vendor would ship the part. One guy even asked everybody if someone would loan him the money as he was saving for the part but it would take another month ( the replies must have burned up his pc). All in all it took a little over a month to finally have the part in hand.
So, in order to save about $20 on a $180 part you had to wait a month. I guess that's not too bad if you don't need the part NOW or, like me, don't want to wait that long to save a few bucks (had I ordered directly from the vendor I could have had the part in 3 - 4 days). :D

·
Registered
370 Posts
Yep,
Being an OEM myself, I appreciate when someone is interested in my product, but discounting for just 4-10 people/products, unfortunately isn't worth the trouble. It takes too much time and effort when a "dealer" will buy 12-50 items at a time.
But, what the heck, give it a try if you like

·
Registered
247 Posts
Being that this is an 'International' forum ie. members from all over the world, the logistics of currency exchange, insurance, shipping etc. etc. boggle my mind.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts