Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For 10 bucks, it's the best thing I've ever invested in.

Yes, it takes about 5 minutes per side to slide and twist them on, just use lots of soapy water and be patient. Take off the handlebar weights before you start.

These things are awesome. No more sore hands from vibrating, and the extra diameter of the grips allows you to not hold on so tight, which relaxes your ride.

I have grip heaters and they take about 1 minute more to heat up, no biggie.

There are no cons and nothing but pros for these!

·
Registered
765 Posts
For 10 bucks, it's the best thing I've ever invested in.

Yes, it takes about 5 minutes per side to slide and twist them on, just use lots of soapy water and be patient. Take off the handlebar weights before you start.

These things are awesome. No more sore hands from vibrating, and the extra diameter of the grips allows you to not hold on so tight, which relaxes your ride.

I have grip heaters and they take about 1 minute more to heat up, no biggie.

There are no cons and nothing but pros for these!
Get them where?
Sirkitrider

·
Premium Member
14,278 Posts
Tried then and could not stand them. Took them off and chunked them in a road side trach can.

·
Registered
1,204 Posts

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
osbornk, have you seen the Grab On Grips along side Grip Puppies? I'm just wondering if they and the same material or not. The pictures on both links look the same just inverted. I'm asking this because I've seen some on other scooters that did not look the same and did not last as long. I really like Grip Puppies because they are bigger than the stock grips but smaller than the Kuryakyn grips. The Kuryakyn grips are too big and the stock grips are too small but the Grip Puppies are just right. No I'm not Goldilox. :p

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
osbornk, have you seen the Grab On Grips along side Grip Puppies? I'm just wondering if they and the same material or not. The pictures on both links look the same just inverted. I'm asking this because I've seen some on other scooters that did not look the same and did not last as long. I really like Grip Puppies because they are bigger than the stock grips but smaller than the Kuryakyn grips. The Kuryakyn grips are too big and the stock grips are too small but the Grip Puppies are just right. No I'm not Goldilox. :p
I've never compared the grips because I haven't even seen the Grip Puppies (I live in the sticks and have to order everything). However, the Grab On Gripes have served me and my friend well for a year or so on a 400 and a BMW R1200RT. The material reminds me a lot of the material on the OEM grips on my V-Star 650 Midnight Special. I do agree that my Kuryakyn grips are larger than I would like but they are far better than the OEM.

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
osbornk thank you for the reply. You may have to order everything but you probably don't have to ride a half an hour to forty five minutes just to get away from town to enjoy riding. Now I do have to admit that the roads here are in the best of any where I have lived. But even that comes at a price, our road construction never ends.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Got the Grip Puppies about a week ago, took lots of soapy water and a bit of compressed air to put them on. They felt a little awkward for a couple of days and now they feel perfectly normal. No more sore hands on long drives, money well spent.

·
Registered
77 Posts
...I do agree that my Kuryakyn grips are larger than I would like but they are far better than the OEM.
Am I the only person who can't read the name "Kuryakyn" without thinking about "The Man from U.N.C.L.E"?

·
Registered
201 Posts
Grip Puppies

I ordered 3 pairs of these (Amazon.com: Grab On Grips Grip Cover - Fits From 1.25in. to 1.45in. OD - 4.25in.L , Color: Black MC401: Automotive) for 3 of my friends on their 650s and they all love them. I loved them on the 400 I had. Mine already had larger grips. There is no need to take off the weights to put them on. .
This link works. Some of the earlier ones didn't.
Grip Puppies is a brand. There are several competitors at slightly lower prices.

$12

Large Image of installed grips
Amazon.com: Grab On Grips Grip Cover - Fits From 1.25in. to 1.45in. OD - 4.25in.L, Color: Black MC401: Automotive

·
Registered
1,038 Posts

·
Registered
347 Posts
Take the other one off and weigh it, and if you have to buy a new pair, get the same weight. You should be fine then.

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
I know someone that has a set for both sides but they are from an 2005 400 type S. I don't know if they would fit an 08, the part numbers are not the same so they may not fit. Maybe someone else knows.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts