Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,787 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been using Grip Puppies on every Japanese bike (the Japanese use remarkable small diameter grips) I've owned since as long as they have been available. Over time I have found they last a couple years+ before hardening up and getting glazed--you can "sand" them with metalite cloth and get a bit of an extension--but recently my 3+ year old pair had given up the ghost and had to be replaced.

In searching the best price online I ran into a half-price alternative; ShinGrips from Shinhopples Motorcycles. They are the equal of Grip Puppies brand in every way and I got two pair for $11.90, about the same cost as one set of the "name brand" pups.

Recommended...

·
Premium Member
606 Posts
I use Grip Buddies, these are a neoprene product, very comfortable!
www.pirateslair.net Good alternative if you want something a bit different.

·
Registered
53 Posts
+1 on ShinGrips, I have used them on my current Burgy 400, and my last Gold Wing. When I ordered them I ordered 4 sets because I thought they may be short lived, which wasn't the case. The ones I had left for the Wing were too long for the Burgman, simply cut them shorter, no problem. I found them to add a lot of comfort, and not to move or slide on the grips.

·
Registered
3,396 Posts
In Canada the popular alternative is Supercycle Foam Grips
sku #73-2468-2.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Foam Grips vs. Neoprene Grip Buddies

Foam grips seem to last about 2 yearrs.
Here is one source. They are about $10 and up.

SHINGRIPS - Foam Grip Covers 5.5 and 5in. sizes

Foam covers slip over your existing grips. Sold in Pairs
Great for adding thickness and cushioning to existing grips.
Foam Grip Covers are made of CE, CPE-EPDM Foam which is U.V., ozone and oxidation resistant.
ShinGrips fit handlebars from 1.25 to 1.45 inches in diameter.

Neoprene and velcro Grip Buddies last much longer.
Picture source
The price is typically around $27 per pair.

Ad copy from Original Grip Buddies:

• Marked improvement in the Durability/Longevity of our new SMARTSKIN™TECHNOLOGY
  • Dramatic improvement in the "Feel and Comfort" of your hands on your grips!
  • Grips with “All-Weather” qualities. These grips do not absorb water!
  • A heightened sense of “Control” over your motorcycle due to the satisfied feeling that your hands have finally been properly “filled”. . .just the right amount (enough, but not too much)!
  • A product you can easily and quickly "Install Yourself", over the top of your stock grips!
  • Grips that are “Heated-Grip-Compatible”. You really feel the heat with these babies! This is our SMARTSKIN™TECHNOLOGY at work
  • A durable, long-lasting solution that “Won’t Migrate" like some other available grip options.
  • An almost "Baffled Feeling" that such a seemingly small/inexpensive addition, could make such a huge difference in your enjoyment of your motorcycle.

Reactions: BurgyBill

·
Registered
508 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts