Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone. I just put a down on a Burg 650 and will probably pick it up this weekend. I 've never ridden a motor on the street before but I needed to find a cheaper way to commute. I'll be taking the safety course in the next couple of weeks and will probably stay to side streets until I am proficient in both defensive and offensive driving.

I live about 50 miles north of San Francisco in the wine country. It is very beautiful here and the weather is mild. The downside to the mild climate is that it is foggy a lot. August nights and mornings are cold with temps often staying in the 50s. There will be some August and September days when the fog will never lift. The constant mist can leave the roads slick. Reduced visibility makes it hard enough to avoid soccer mom in her SUV talking on her cell (Oh wait, that's my wife!) even in my bright red pickup let alone in a small scooter. I'll definately be searching the boards for lighting upgrades. :sign7:

I look forward to learning from all of the experience which I have already seen here on this sight. I actually had a deal worked out for the Silverwing because my Suzuki dealer is an AdamHenry, however much research and the support and positive experiences offered here convinced me to deal with it for one day and get the better bike.

Glad to be here,

Joel

·
Premium Member
383 Posts
Welcome! I hope you find some good lighting suggestions. FWIW, the GIVI E52 has very bright brake lights. It would be even better, of course, if there were running lights on the back and sides :wink:

·
Registered
3,166 Posts
Welcome Joel! :D
Ah, Santa Rosa. :) I used to spend summers in Camp Meeker and loved eating at the Union Hotel (before they changed ownership a few decades ago) when they had those marvelous 9 course meals. A better ravioli you'd be hard-pressed to find! And the natual ice cream place next to it.
I loved the area, Goat Rock, Russian River, and those roads are just begging for a Burgman!
make sure you take the MSF course and get yourself some of those fork-mounted fog lights. The Givi top box or the VIP will give you additional visibility towards the back and H4 bulbs ($40/both) will add a lot more headlight power. The Burgman's lights are already bright (stock) but the H4 Silverstars (motorcycle) [available at autoparts stores] will be even brighter.
Gear up and Ride safe! :D

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
Joel,

Welcome again! I'm glad to see that you took my suggestion & posted here. Congrats on the new 650, you will enjoy it immenseley, I'm sure.

I have already completed some lighting upgrades to my 650, Sylvia the sexy silver Suzuki 650 scooter. If you would like to discuss them, feel free to give me a shout.

Again, welcome & enjoy!

·
Premium Member
11,296 Posts
Hi Joel

Welcome to the forum and impending Burgman ownership. :hello2:

Ok, I give. What is:Hot wife.......

Is that American slang for one of those trouser press thingamijigs? :scratch:

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
NormanB said:
Hi Joel

Welcome to the forum and impending Burgman ownership. :hello2:

Ok, I give. What is:Hot wife.......

Is that American slang for one of those trouser press thingamijigs? :scratch:
Norman:

Think "Thong Model".

:lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Premium Member
11,296 Posts
I wouldn't have though there was much need to press a thong - does that make it more comfortable? :scratch:

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
You're the one with all the thong experience, you tell us!

·
Premium Member
4,919 Posts
They are a fine assortment of firearms rallan! 8)

Oh an yeah - I guess Joel could visit the store and pick up a thong for his hot wife and one for him to add to his firearms collection as a lightwieght slingshot~!!

PS - WELCOME JOEL!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts