Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
443 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry for not having introduced myself sooner. I live in Valley Village, North Hollywood, CA. My screen name is edtech2000, but my real name's Patti. I graduated from an educational technology degree program in 2000; hence, "edtech2000."

I just got my Burgman 400 6 days ago, and to me it is a luxury! I've had my M1 for over 20 years - got it on on a Riva 180. Even rode the freeway on it when the speed limit was 55 mph! I won't ride the freeway with the Burgman until I take the safety class, though.

This is a great forum, and I would like to thank the moderators and administrator for their work in setting it up and running it.

Patti

·
Registered
639 Posts
Welcome to BurgmanUSA, Patti. :hello2:

This is a friendly bunch of people, so I encourage you to join in the discussions. No question is too dumb. We were all new Burgman owners at one time, so we are delighted to be able to help. :)

Keep us informed of your adventures on your new AN-400.

Cheers! 8)

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
Welcome Patti!

Enjoy your new 400, but please be careful in that madhouse in which you live. Better a live chicken than a dead hero, in this case.

·
Registered
822 Posts
Hi Patti and welcome to the group!! I'm your neighbor in Lake Balboa (in West Van Nuys between Encino and Northridge). Give me a holler once you get your MSF class out of the way and some saddle time on your new Burg. California has roads that seem to be built just for bikers!! Most of my 13,000 miles (in just 14 months) were on those roads!

·
Premium Member
11,296 Posts
Hi Patti

Well kinda strange welcoming a member of 5 months standing - so I will sit down! :lol:

Welcome :hello2:

So what have you been doing with your educational technology degree since 2000?

·
Premium Member
443 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
EdTech Degree

Well, for 4 years I was running computer labs, but now with budget cuts, I'm back in the classroom running my own classroom lab! (Almost like having my own 40 workstation tinker basement!) Right now I'm teaching grades 6-8, but have also taught elementary, high school and adult computer classes. I've been teaching all of my working life.
Patti

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Patti

Welcome

Right now I'm teaching grades 6-8
So you get the opportunity to "edumacate" the middle school kids...yeah there's no STRESS in your life :twisted: :twisted:
(My wife has taught middle school SPEDS for 20 years)

Can't think of a better way to unwind than hopping on the Burgie though :lol:

Best of luck

Bill

·
Premium Member
11,296 Posts
Thanks Patti

You have my admiration - I may have the knowledge and some of the skills but I certainly could not cope in a classroom full of kids for long - particularly if they were at all unruly.

·
Premium Member
443 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The boss makes the difference!

One's boss makes the difference, and I have a good one at my school. In fact, the whole administrative staff there is excellent, so I'll probably stay there until I manage to promote to an administrative position.

And yes, it's super stress at that age level, but they love computers, and once they understand the rules, they're usually calm and working. I would never be able to survive that age level if I were not teaching computer technology!

Patti

·
Registered
822 Posts
NormanB said:
Thanks Patti

You have my admiration - I may have the knowledge and some of the skills but I certainly could not cope in a classroom full of kids for long - particularly if they were at all unruly.
Well if you ever need any practice with that, I can loan you my kids!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts