Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello fellow Burgaholics! Its taken me a couple of yrs but I finally pulled the trigger and bought a Burgman. I picked up a white '06 base 650 yesterday. My 1st time on a scooter and I really enjoyed it. I look forward to cruising the mtn roads along the TN/NC border in the very near future. I'm sure I'll be spending a lot of time cruising this forum as well. :)
Willie

·
Registered
1,468 Posts

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
There must be burggie in the air. Seems we have a lot of new converts this week.

Congratulations. I'm sure you'll find the bike most pleasant to ride. And Welcome to BUSA from sunny Los Angeles.

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Enjoy! Why am I even telling you that, you won't be able to help it!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks guys. I'd like to attend a rally or two this Summer. Maybe I will. As for the greetings from LA. I rode in SoCal for 13 yrs. Favorite routes included Topanga to Stunt Rd to Mulholland and, Angeles Crest to Wrightwood. FWIW, the roads in the NE corner of TN are even better and you don't have to worry about sand in the corners. :)
Willie

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
There may not be sand in the corners but keep an eye out for leaves come fall.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
There may not be sand in the corners but keep an eye out for leaves come fall.
The most deadly thing to look for in the Fall are the "Peepers", especially on the scenic mountain roads. That's another reason I stay off the parkway in the Fall unless I have 4 wheels under me. Then, at least, I have airbags to protect me.
This would be a perfect spot to attach a picture of my totaled Miata. I was broad-sided by 2 SUVs at the same time while stopped at an intersection last July 3rd. Incredible!

·
Premium Member
4,015 Posts
Hey Willie! I am from Blountville, TN. I sold a white 2006 650 to a guy in Kingsport a few years ago, wonder if it might be the same scooter? Anyway welcome to the site.
Chet

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
Thanks guys. I'd like to attend a rally or two this Summer. Maybe I will. As for the greetings from LA. I rode in SoCal for 13 yrs. Favorite routes included Topanga to Stunt Rd to Mulholland and, Angeles Crest to Wrightwood. FWIW, the roads in the NE corner of TN are even better and you don't have to worry about sand in the corners. :)
Willie
I like all those roads too, but theyre too heavily favored by the motorcycling world. Much prefer getting getting out of dodge and traveling the back roads of Lompoc, Idyllwild and such.

If TN has better roads, I'd love to ride 'em. Maybe I'll hit you up for a tour if I ever make it out that far. :D

·
Premium Member
606 Posts
Welcome Willie! I am also in Kingsport! Enjoy the new toy and ride safe!
Wes

1 - 13 of 13 Posts