Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello friends, how are you? I am a happy owner of the fantastic Burgman 400 k7 (June 2006) gray color.
I found your forum by accident and I decided to sign up to bring you greetings from Italy.:wave::wave::wave:
I work at night and I have no problem with the time zone. I work as a private guard (security guard). I'm almost fifty years old.
Even in Italy there is a forum:
http://www.burgman400.it/forum/index.php
I have registered into it as "Biker".
The k7 is fantastic and a few small problems can be solved without spending much money.
Just change some parts to have no more problems.
As soon as possible I'll put pictures of me and my burgman.
See you soon and sorry for my American language.
Alex "Big Bear"

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
Your American language is fine. Welcome to BUSA from Los Angeles, CA.

I too have had a 400K7 since new in September 2006. Best bike I've ever had.

I Recently added a 650K5 and its hard to decide which bike is better. But I'll go with the 400 for now if only because I've had it longer.

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Welcome to the forum, Alex! Your English is a LOT better than my Italian and we can understand you just fine. Google has a surprisingly good TRANSLATOR so if you come across a difficult concept, just say it in Italian and we can probably figure it out just fine.

I'll bet your Burgman stands out in the land of Vespas. I'm glad you decided to try it out. This is a great place to ask questions and you learn a lot just from reading the threads. Glad to have you with us, Big Bear.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks hospitality. I had no doubt about this.
Yes, Italy is the land of the Vespa, and I've owned 3 (50,125,200), but to be honest: when you have 50 years old, and you have to travel about 52 miles (journey home - work - home) ... the Burgman is definitely much more comfortable. Almost a car.
When I go to work is already very dark and the light of the Vespa is not much.
I am 192 centimeters tall and 110 kilograms weight and the Vespa, for me,... is fascinating but uncomfortable.

Yes, I know the google translator, but I try to create sentences with the little English that I studied.
It will mean that you will help me to improve.
In your area is almost time to go to sleep. But here are 3:00 a.m.
I finish work at 07.00 a.m.
Then about an hour to get home.
Surely in a few hours I'll be on the forum.
See you soon and thanks again.

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
Benvenuto Big Bear al miglior forum c'è . Buona fortuna per la tua nuova corsa . TheReaper!

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
Hey Bigabear, on the West coast, we'll be up till its time for your shift to end. I always start to notice a drop off of comments when I'm still wide awake. Perhaps we'll keep eachother company.

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
I know the feeling, Big Bear. I get off work at 8am myself so about half of my posts are from here at work. I personally love working the overnights - there aren't any supervisors there to get in the way. It's a lot easier to run through traffic in the dead of night also.

Ciao!

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
welcome to the forum, been in rome and its an awesome city for scooter and motorcycles, there is no way to get around efficiently if not in a motorcycle in downtown.

here is one my pics of rome:

·
Premium Member
606 Posts
Welcome Alex! There is a great bunch of folks here and lots of information and videos. Enjoy!
Ride safe! :D <-- Burgman grin, it's the happy feeling you get each time you ride your Burgman.
Wes

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Nice pic, Fernando - I've been to Rome too, but it's been over 50 years! I think I'll make it back eventually though, since there are pictures of me throwing a coin into the Trevi fountain. ;)

Is that your Burgman second in line behind the white Vespa?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
@CipDoc: I agree with you. Then my work done during the day it means going around in an armored truck to bring money. Seven years ago I suffered an assault. Ten men, more or less, stopped us with AK47 and explosive. Needless to react.
At night it is better because the law prohibits the transport of money.

@The Reaper:Thank you for having responded in Italian. One way to get exercise.

to Fernado and the others: if you come to Rome please contact me. Beer, or better, few bottles of Italian wine is always there for friends!

Ok, all for now. I have to work but later I'll try to write in other section of the forum.
Byebye

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
@CipDoc: I agree with you. Then my work done during the day it means going around in an armored truck to bring money. Seven years ago I suffered an assault. Ten men, more or less, stopped us with AK47 and explosive. Needless to react.
At night it is better because the law prohibits the transport of money.

@The Reaper:Thank you for having responded in Italian. One way to get exercise.

to Fernado and the others: if you come to Rome please contact me. Beer, or better, few bottles of Italian wine is always there for friends!

Ok, all for now. I have to work but later I'll try to write in other section of the forum.
Byebye

Sono cresciuto in un quartiere Itailian e ha avuto diverse donne Itailian lavorano per me, ero anche sposata con uno per un breve periodo di tempo. Per me non c'è niente di più bello che giovani ragazze Itailian, a 66 ancora girare la testa.

TheReaper!

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
Uno dei miei collaboratori Itailian che si sono recati a Roma a pochi anni fa, mi ha detto che i cinesi stavano prendendo su Roma. Ha detto che avevano assunto tutti gli stand souvineer e sono state anche cantando nell'opera molto a suo sgomento. Poi un altro amico mi ha detto che i bosniaci erano nuovi gangster e Italia o classe criminale. Com'è adesso?

TheReaper!

·
Registered
110 Posts
Welcome from the Commonwealth of Virginia! I also own a 400 and I LOVE it. I also have a SYM RV250 which is also a great bike. Enjoy and be safe!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
TheReaper
Your co-worker said it well . But now the situation is much worse. A whole quarter of the city is completely Chinese. The Chinese are buying all the shops and not only in Rome but throughout Italy .
The Bosnians are not alone . There is the Chinese mafia , Russian , Romanian , and of course , Italian . In addition to the " mafia " There are gangs of criminals, more or less organized .
I don't know anyone who has a business that does not pay a "protection ." See what I mean ?
Rome is beautiful but it is ruined by politics and crime.
Perhaps it is better to say that Italy is ruined.
I am the first to say that the world is made ​​up of many races and cultures , but many arrive in Italy with many dreams . But Italy is suffering from a severe economic crisis and there is a lot of unemployment . As a result many foreigners do not end up getting a job working for the crime .
I could tell also of corruption, drugs, alcoholism , but I'd rather not.
I could also tell you of the many young people who leave Italy to go abroad to look for work , but I'd rather not.
I could tell you that we have the highest taxes in Europe, or perhaps the world. I could tell you that 1 liter of petrol costs about € 2 ( as done in $? ) . I could tell you that working for private security means to earn 1200 Euro per month.
There is no paradise in Italy. Maybe there was. But it must have been a long time ago, because I do not remember.

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
I could tell you that 1 liter of petrol costs about € 2 ( as done in $? ) .
Almost anyplace can be a paradise if you have money, but most of us are just trying to make enough to survive from day to day. It's both comforting and discouraging to see that folks all around the world have the same problems.

€ 2 = $2.75 but we don't buy petrol by the liter, we buy it by the gallon. There are 3.79 liters in a gallon, which means that, for a US gallon of petrol in Rome, you'd have to pay $10.42 or € 7.57.

But if you came to the US, plan on driving around because it'll seem almost free to you! I paid $3.27 for a gallon of fuel this morning. That'd work out to € 2.38 for a whole gallon of the stuff - or slightly less than € 1 per liter.

Please don't feel as if you're talking too much. Most of us will never get to meet and the only way we get to know one another by what we say in these posts. The more we talk, the better we get to know one another and we are happy to have your voice here, BigBear.

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
TheReaper
Your co-worker said it well . But now the situation is much worse. A whole quarter of the city is completely Chinese. The Chinese are buying all the shops and not only in Rome but throughout Italy .
The Bosnians are not alone . There is the Chinese mafia , Russian , Romanian , and of course , Italian . In addition to the " mafia " There are gangs of criminals, more or less organized .
I don't know anyone who has a business that does not pay a "protection ." See what I mean ?
Rome is beautiful but it is ruined by politics and crime.
Perhaps it is better to say that Italy is ruined.
I am the first to say that the world is made ​​up of many races and cultures , but many arrive in Italy with many dreams . But Italy is suffering from a severe economic crisis and there is a lot of unemployment . As a result many foreigners do not end up getting a job working for the crime .
I could tell also of corruption, drugs, alcoholism , but I'd rather not.
I could also tell you of the many young people who leave Italy to go abroad to look for work , but I'd rather not.
I could tell you that we have the highest taxes in Europe, or perhaps the world. I could tell you that 1 liter of petrol costs about € 2 ( as done in $? ) . I could tell you that working for private security means to earn 1200 Euro per month.
There is no paradise in Italy. Maybe there was. But it must have been a long time ago, because I do not remember.

Che è terribile, un bel paese con un tale ricco patrimonio culturale . VOGLIO fare attenzione che nessuno pensa che io sia razzista, ma i popoli asiatici sono i parassiti della nostra specie. LI HO trattati per decenni, quando vengono alla città di partenza perché distruggeranno ogni cosa . I musulmani dall'Europa dell'est non sono migliori.
TheReaper!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
You're right. It is not racism, it's reality that is lived every day. But the 'whole of Europe is decaying. We'll see what the future holds.
P.S. I move to the Tavern.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Hi Big Bear, a warm welcome from Kansas. Always find it interesting to hear from others around the country. Would love to see some photos of places you like to ride.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts