Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am about to buy my first bike in over 35 years. Chose the Burgman 650. A 1999 2005 model. Will be picking it up this coming week. Pretty excited. Glad found this group. Hope to enjoy my new ride for a long time.

·
Premium Member
3,446 Posts
Welcome SilentP,

If you meant a 2009 then you are going to luv this site and this site :

If you are getting it next week you will be just in time to ride within the beautiful Ohio fall foliage.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Hey Hey ! Where in Ohio? I'm right across the river in Barboursville WV. Had bikes for a long time.. I just picked up my first scoot about a month ago an '07 650. Love it! Excellent choice

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey Hey ! Where in Ohio? I'm right across the river in Barboursville WV. Had bikes for a long time.. I just picked up my first scoot about a month ago an '07 650. Love it! Excellent choice
In Avon. About 30 miles west of Cleveland. I can't wait to get mine. Counting the hours.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I am bummed. After at the seller told me the bike was mine as long as I show up with $3500 in cash he just texted me and said his wife sold the bike. Oh well. now looks like a 2005 (Yes. I have the date right this time. HAHA!) in my future.

·
Premium Member
3,446 Posts
Have you got a trailer ?

·
Premium Member
3,446 Posts
No. Why would I need one?
Being your first bike in years you might look to trailer a new bike home vs a fly n ride.

Remember to check our classified section here daily....good deal come and go quick.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thank for the explanation. The bike is about 30 miles from my home. I am planning on taking an experienced biker friend with me who can accompany me on the ride there and he will drive the bike to my house.

·
Premium Member
3,446 Posts
Thank for the explanation. The bike is about 30 miles from my home. I am planning on taking an experienced biker friend with me who can accompany me on the ride there and he will drive the bike to my house.
That’s great ... stop at a church parking lot on the way home and just get a feel for it. Remember there is no clutch and both levers are brakes. Easy Peasy after the first 10 minutes in your own neighborhood. Prepare for your Grin Muscles to get a work out.

Best of Luck !

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
That’s great ... stop at a church parking lot on the way home and just get a feel for it. Remember there is no clutch and both levers are brakes. Easy Peasy after the first 10 minutes in your own neighborhood.
Thanks for the idea.

·
Registered
698 Posts
You may also find that your 650 is much easier to ride than it is deal with when it's not moving. I've never gotten close to having it go down when I'm riding it. The problem is when I'm standing still, especially on a tilted surface. Once she starts to go, it's difficult to stop her. The 650 is a lot heavier than it feels when you're riding it.

·
Registered
698 Posts
Looks just like my Rosie...before I added all the extra junk to her. ;)

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Share your mods, if that's OK. I am looking forward to accessorizing mine. I'd like to see Rosie. :)

·
Registered
698 Posts
Here are two pics of Rosie, one with her luggage in place for a trip, and another with the luggage removed as we traversed the Cherohala Skyway in North Carolina last week. Luggage is all Givi except the racks, which came from Fehling. Windscreen is Clearview Medium w/vent, seat is Corbin, phone mount is Ram, foam hand grips are universal, throttle paddle is Crampbuster, throttle lock is Go Cruise. There's also a Jensen waterproof radio and speakers installed by the prior owner. There are other hidden mods such as a charge pigtail on the battery, power cord to the phone mount that exits just in front of the gauge cluster, and a Taotronics Bluetooth Receiver/Car Kit that is plugged into the Jensen unit so I can play music from my phone through the sound system.

And, no, I don't have a hidden seat release. Instead, I have a key carefully hidden on the bike.

None of this stuff is for show. I've put 15,000 miles on her over the past 13 months, so it gets used.

Reactions: JRoss

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thanks for sharing. I have a RAM kit ordered. Should be here next week. You sure do get good use from her. I like the set and the backrest and also the saddle bags. How big is the top box? Thanks for supporting the second amendment!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts