Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just purchased a 2003 AN400K3 and happy as a pig in **** (mud?)!

I fondly remember riding 350's as a youngster back in the 70's and I wanted to try and get that same experience. Something relatively light, quick but not too fast. The Burgman 400 fits into this category just fine. I was a little concerned about the smallish tires but this thing handles like a champ. The feet-forward seating position is taking a little getting used to but adds to the fun. I'm looking forward to getting past the break-in period so I can take it on some longer trips on some less congested country roads. That requires highway travel from where I am in NJ.

Thanks for the great forum.

Dennis

·
Registered
13,278 Posts
Dennis,

Welcome to the BurgmanUSA forums! I didn't let the break in period stop me from riding my 400 normally. The most important thing (I've been informed) is to vary the RPMs during the break in. If you're like me, you'll be out of the break in period pretty quick. :) Have fun riding and I look forward to seeing more posts about your Burgman experiences.

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
Hello Dennis, and welcome to the forum. :hello2:

Do you work for US Borax?

·
Registered
3,323 Posts
Greetings Dennis and welcome to the forum. I'm glad the 400 rekindled that old flame that burnt within you. Enjoy your new ride!

·
Registered
355 Posts
Welcome to the forum!
I am a new 650 (4 weeks) rider in NJ. I am in Essex county, where abouts are you?

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
JohnnyDeath said:
Welcome to the forum!
I am a new 650 (4 weeks) rider in NJ. I am in Essex county, where abouts are you?
I'm in Montclair. How do you like the 650? Must be great on the highway.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Brian said:
Hello Dennis, and welcome to the forum. :hello2:

Do you work for US Borax?
The Burgman 400 feels more like 30 mules than 30 horses.

·
Registered
355 Posts
30MuleTeam said:
I'm in Montclair. How do you like the 650? Must be great on the highway.
I'm on the Bloomfield/Belleville. Perhaps we can meet up for a ride sometime? I sometimes ride with an Aprilla Atlantic guy who also lives in Montclair. The 650 is a dream on the highway, even two up is not a problem (the wife and I had to make a quick dash onto route 3 last night to beat the rain home).

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi Chuck & Dennis,

I am 10 minutes from Montclair.
Chuck once test drove my 650.
Glad that our community is growing.....

·
Registered
355 Posts
Yes I did test drive Charles' (cgogh) 650 and it put me over the top. Bought mine that very week!.

Quick question for Cgogh - what size was the clearview on your scoot? I am going to have to order one and am not sure which size will be perfect for me. The one on your bike seemed very good.

We should all get together for a ride!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts