Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, well last Friday I finally bit the bullet and bought an '04 silver AN650 K4.

<snip>

Anyway to cut a long story short my local dealer offered me a deal too good to refuse on the Burgman 650 - so I bought it :D and haven't looked back since.

I will be glad though when the run in period is finished.

cya

·
Registered
13,278 Posts
Welcome to the BurgmanUSA forum Ray. Glad to have you join us. I look forward to hearing of some ride experiences from "Down Under". :)

·
Registered
3,323 Posts
G'day mate! :wave: Congrats on the new scoot and welcome to the forum. At least you don't have to stay in the closet anymore. It actually gets better, blowing by cruisers and sportbikes when they finally realize that it was a scooter.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Welcome to the club, Ray. Lots of good info from this great group of guys. Billy

·
Premium Member
11,296 Posts
Hi Dero

Welcome to the Forum. :hello2:

So what swing the Big Burg over the TMax for you?

·
Registered
276 Posts
Hi Dero, welcome to the forum. I reckon your Burgman is going to sing when you get it into the Dandenongs. Went out to Puffing Billy by car in 2002, lovely twisties. Oh, and the coastal road to the 12 Apostles is another run I would love to do on a bike. Do enjoy your machine, Gail and I have so much fun on our 650.
Regards

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hi again,

Well the past week on the Burger has been quite interesting.

On my 2nd ride I broke it :oops:

I was out riding near the city fringes when a rabbit decided to commit suicide under the wheels of my nice new machine. Unfortunately with only 5" of ground clearance it was bound to end in tears - and it did. One broken tab at the front of the lhs lower fairing panel.

A quick trip to my local dealer to purchase a small "Plastex" plastic repair kit and a couple of days later I was back on the road as good as new. With winter now almost finished, 27C today, 30C tomorrow and 32C on Tuesday - I'm off riding :D

Cya

·
Registered
5,363 Posts
dero said:
I'd hate to think how much the bottom lhs panel costs from Suzuki if I hadn't been able to repair the tab. :shock:
Oneida Suzuki had them on sale for $88 (plus shipping). Ron Ayers had them priced at $144 - you can bet a dealer would get more. I hope your repair holds. I had repaired a broken tab using JB-Weld and it held for about 3 months. I eventially bought a new panel from Oneida Suzuki - best price I could find.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts