Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had an unbelievable bit of luck and started scooting this year in March, on a Kymco People 50... got my endorsement and moved up to a Kymco 150. I figured my next step would be a Honda Reflex 250.

Somehow yesterday found me peering into a dusty storage unit in Colorado Springs, staring at a lonely 2005 blue Burgman 400 with just under 23k miles. Her owner was motivated, as she was moving out of the country. I threw caution to the wind, filled out a bill of sale and turned her north towards home.

I rode her through congested urban sprawl, 2 lane roads winding through farms, and through rush hour Denver. I trailed a couple 2 up on a Harley, and followed their riding lines and their braking spots. It took a while to get used to her weight and her power.

3 hours and 95 miles later, I pulled into my garage, with my huge Brgman grin.

Now for fluid changes, left brake handle replacement, and the right hand headlight (only comes on as brights).

Thanks for such an amazing community, and the chance to learn and contribute.

Attachments

·
Registered
45 Posts
Congratulations, I'm sure you will like the Burgman. I went from riding Goldwings for 20 years to a Burgman 650 and
just love it. My wife wouldn't ride it for a year having gotten used to the comfort of the Goldwing....but one day she
got on it and we have been riding together since.......life Is Good!! I live in Colorado Springs....still waiting for this
weather to start cooling off.....riding is more fun then.

Steve

·
I'm Retired
9,364 Posts
Congratulations on your new ride! Nice picture of both bikes too. :)

Chris

·
Registered
3 Posts
Congrats on your new purchase. They definitely are awesome and fun to ride. Im sure you will enjoy it and will be glad you opted for the bigger scooter. I am very impressed you rode it in Denver rush hour. I don't know that i'll ever get my nerve up to take it out on the highway...especially I-25. :)

·
Premium Member
2,771 Posts
Welcome to BUSA from the Heart of America-Kansas City! JC

1 - 5 of 5 Posts