Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First I would like to comment about the members of this forum. You are truly a first class bunch of people. The information, honesty, intelligence, and heart felt concern exhibited by the members of this forum is unmatched by any other forum I have followed. I have been reluctunt to post because I am not yet a Burgman owner. I presently ride a GL 1800 Goldwing but am intensly interested in the Burgmans. I have been a member for over a year and read all the new postings almost every day. My Goldwing is truly a wonderful motorcycle but I wish it had the qualities of the Burgmans Like auto tranny, step through, less weight ect. I am still trying to decide what will best suite most of my needs as I realize no motorcycle will fit every need. I don't want my first real post to be as long as a book so I will try to post more later. Again thanks to all of you.

Mike

·
Registered
13,278 Posts
Hey Mike,

Good to see you posting. Don't let the fact that you've not got a Burgman (yet) let you hold back from posting freely. As you might have noticed, more than a few of our members have more than one bike in their garages. Are you thinking about supplimenting your Goldwing with a Burgman or keeping only one bike?

·
Premium Member
1,593 Posts
Hi Mike! Welcome to the Forum. Good to hear from ya. I too had a GW ('96 1500) and loved it. It was a great bike but it became too much for the type of riding I was doing. It used to be a hassle just to get it out for relatively short rides. The Burgman 650 was the answer for me.
Don

·
Registered
969 Posts
Mike! Good to finally hear from you, Man. The 650 is a lot more money. Although I like them both, IMHO the Burger King is worth every cent.
Keep us posted. (I know you will.)

Steve

·
Premium Member
11,296 Posts
Hi Mike

I realise that this is your second post (shame your first did not get an answer BTW).

So a belated welcome to the forum (even tho' you are a senior member). :hello2:

Glad you enjoy the company here - I try to keep them all on the straight and narrow! :wink:

Look forward to hearing more from you. :)

·
Registered
553 Posts
scootn56 said:
Welcome mike, even if it is belated :hello2: We look forward to hearing from you.

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
Welcome to the group! I just recently got my 400 so I wouldn't worry about the not having one part. Great group to be in.
Again welcome!!!

·
Registered
3,323 Posts
Greetings Mike and I'm glad you introduced yourself. The 650 is a very versatile machine . We've had other GW owners make the switch and not regret it.

·
Registered
5,363 Posts
Mike,

Welcome to BurgmanUSA! I did some time on a Goldwing too. That was back in '85 though, the last of the 1200cc 4 cyl Wings. Feel free to participate. As you probably have noticed, we love riding in general, and lots of other things. Always something going on here.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
billmeek said:
Hey Mike,

Good to see you posting. Don't let the fact that you've not got a Burgman (yet) let you hold back from posting freely. As you might have noticed, more than a few of our members have more than one bike in their garages. Are you thinking about supplimenting your Goldwing with a Burgman or keeping only one bike?
Bill i'm in a bit of a quandry of what I really want to do. My first thoughts were to simply sell the wing and buy a burgman . I then started to think it would be nice to have both. Quandry #2 my friends I ride with ride a little agressive sometimes so I would probably want the 650 to keep up. Then as I keep my wife abreast of what is going on with this forum, and her keeping up with the Pinwheel saga, she thinks she wants her own ride. This would probably have to be the 400. This leads back to quandry #1 Do I keep the wing for me and get a 400 for her? Or, do I get her a 400,see if she really rides alot, then sell the wing and get me a 650. Decisions, decisions, decisions. Oh well even reading about and talking about bikes with friends is a hoot. Sorry to hear about your troubles with the 400 hope its resolved soon.

·
Registered
5,363 Posts
Mike,

If your wife hasn't ridden before, maybe a used Helix would be the way to go. Not so many tears if she tips over... Give her a year on that and then buy her a 400 if she's still interested. Just a thought. They can be found pretty cheap and they have a reputation for being reliable.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks Paul, getting a Helix is an idea we have entertained. She sat on one at the Int. motorcycle show in Atlanta and liked the way if felt but we both think they are really pug-ugly in the front end. Looks like a snow sled on wheels. We haven't rulled it out alltogether though. Thanks for the advice. I really meant what I said in my post about all the members here. Keep up the good work. I also echo what some of the other members have said about suzuki. They really should pay more attention to the post in this forum. If I buy a burgman, it will be in part because of the info from this group.

Mike

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
scootn56 said:
and her keeping up with the Pinwheel saga,

OMG, that line right there had me in tears of laughter. :lol:

I am glad that my saga has ended. I suggest the MSF course first to see if riding is something she wants to do. I wouldn't be riding today if I wouldn't have gone. Unless she has already taken it then it would depends on how she feels on it.

I really like my 400. I was afraid it wouldn't be enough for me since I am use to an 805cc bike. But I am toe tappin' happy and will never look back.

·
Registered
13,278 Posts
scootn56 said:
Sorry to hear about your troubles with the 400 hope its resolved soon.
Me too! :)

One other option is to pickup a 400 for the wife and keep the Goldwing. If she doesn't take to riding the 400, you'll have two bikes to keep you happy. If she does keep riding, you can ride the 400 for short little trips (like to the store) and still have the wing for touring.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Mike,

Too many things to juggle and think about? :wav: but isn't it great you have a wife that wants to ride? My wife started riding about 10 years ago and loves it. Heh welcome to the forum. I think you need to test ride both scoots and I think your decision will be easier.

Helix :D

·
Registered
639 Posts
One other option is to pickup a 400 for the wife and keep the Goldwing. If she doesn't take to riding the 400, you'll have two bikes to keep you happy. If she does keep riding, you can ride the 400 for short little trips (like to the store) and still have the wing for touring.
Hi Mike, I have to agree with what Bill said! You can have your cake & eat it too! :D

1 - 18 of 18 Posts