Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I absolutely love this forum. I have been contemplating a new scooter after selling my 1500 Goldwing when I retired 2 years ago. Found this forum last month and man I was convinced to get a Burgman. My wife sat on a Reflex, :( motor not quite big enough for our application, tried a Majesty, :cry: body too wide for her to reach the passenger foot pegs....so found a 2005 Burgman at a dealer and she tried the passenger seat and pegs and BINGO!!!! We now own a 2005 Silver Burgie 400!!! Can't wait to ride it over the weekend...Looking forward to lots of fun sightseeing 8) on this one! Will stay in touch. :p

Jerry
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
13,278 Posts
Welcome to the BurgmanUSA forums Jerry. Glad to have you join us.

Congratulations on the new Burgman 400. I'm sure you'll have a great time riding it. I hope you have good weather where you're at this weekend to enjoy your new toy.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
11,296 Posts
Hi Jerry

Merry Christmas, glad you enjoy the forum and WELCOME! :hello2:

Much as I admire your discerning choice in opting for the more svelte burger - I cannot help wondering if you are going to do be 2 up a lot of the time if you are going to find the downgrade from the Wing painful.

Can you tell me why you chose the 400 over the 650 - did the sheer lardiness of the 650 become the distaste? :wink:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
NormanB said:
Hi Jerry

Merry Christmas, glad you enjoy the forum and WELCOME! :hello2:

Much as I admire your discerning choice in opting for the more svelte burger - I cannot help wondering if you are going to do be 2 up a lot of the time if you are going to find the downgrade from the Wing painful.

Can you tell me why you chose the 400 over the 650 - did the sheer lardiness of the 650 become the distaste? :wink:
I am a full time RV'er and will carry the Burgie 400 on the back of the 5th wheel trailer. I chose the 400 over the 650 because of the weight difference. My fresh water tank on the 5th wheel is in the back of the trailer so I need to watch the weight back there. I can't haul the Burgie on the truck that pulls the 5th wheel trailer cause there is a quad ATV up there....(Toys....Mercy!!!!) The Goldwing was my pride and joy...selling it broke me ol heart. Had 106,000 miles on it and loved it. Now we can Park the RV and sight see on the Burgie 400 where ever we go and yes, we will be two up most of the time.
Thanks for such a good clean forum that is friendly and informative. My helmet is off to you folks!!!

Thanks Much and Happy Riding :lol:
Jerry H
Fresno CA
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
11,296 Posts
Hi Jerry - thanks for the response - understood.
It was the lardiness then! :wink:

PS: Not familiar with 5th wheel trailer marlarkey - anyone care to educate me?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
NormanB said:
PS: Not familiar with 5th wheel trailer marlarkey - anyone care to educate me?
A 5th wheel trailer is one that connects to a coupler in the bed of a pickup truck (in my case, a full sized diesel Volvo 770 big rig truck) as opposed to a receiver hitch located at the rear of the pickup near the rear bumper. The trailer I pull is 36 feet long and weighs 15,000 lbs...
hope that helps...

Jerry H
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
639 Posts
Wow Jerry, when you travel, you sure go big time! A Volvo 770 to pull a fifth wheel! :shock: I'll bet you never lack for power. :lol: Would love to see pictures of your truck and trailer sometime.

Hope to hear of your travels with your new Burgie 400. We love pictures on this forum as you may have noticed.

Have a Merry Christmas! 8)
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
11,296 Posts
Jerry H said:
A 5th wheel trailer is one that connects to a coupler in the bed of a pickup truck (in my case, a full sized diesel Volvo 770 big rig truck) as opposed to a receiver hitch located at the rear of the pickup near the rear bumper. The trailer I pull is 36 feet long and weighs 15,000 lbs...
hope that helps...

Jerry H
What this kind of thing? :shock:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
NormanB wrote:
What this kind of thing? :shock:


__________________________________________________________
Yeppers....looks just like that this one!!!! But mine is red...with 470HP. Pulls like a dream...and can "GET ER DONE!" :lol:

Will post a picture as soon as I figure out how to upload them... will post bike rack that I am building for the trailer too next week.
Thanks for the interest....

Jerry H
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
13,278 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,323 Posts
Hi Jerry and welcome to the forum. Sounds like you have quite the rig and setup for touring the country. I think the 400 will be a great vehicle for you and the missus for going sightseeing and picking up groceries.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5 Posts
SAN DIEGO & KINGS COUNTY

Jerry,
Welcome to the forum. I'm in the military stationed here in San Diego, however the in-laws and family are located in the Visalia area. Will be making trips this spring and summer (purchasing a home), if you don't mind would definitely like to look you up for a ride.

Bob
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Re: SAN DIEGO & KINGS COUNTY

bobonburgman wrote:

I'm in the military stationed here in San Diego, however the in-laws and family are located in the Visalia area. Will be making trips this spring and summer (purchasing a home), if you don't mind would definitely like to look you up for a ride.
_____________________________________________________________

Hi Bob....
I know where Visalia is and welcome to the valley. I lived in Fresno about 50 years before retiring 2 years ago...family is still here. Will stay in touch and would love to get a ride going this summer when I return for a visit...lets stay in touch.

Jerry
 
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Top