Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,323 Posts
Hi Dirk :wave: and welcome to the forum. Would like to hear some of your comparisons and what you think of the Burgman family of bikes. Since this is your third I'm assuming your pleased with them.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, i'm very pleased with the burgman. :D
The 250 was my first bike ever, at the age of 40. Very good for learnig how to drive a motorcycle, not to heavy and not to fast. But when you drive a time on the 250 and you go often on high way the top speed is to little and that it is not safe. You do not have any power left if it is needed. Not that i'm speeding no but when you need it you do not have it.
The 400 has more power and for me it was the perfect stap for a more powerfull scooter. Never had problems. When you are driving the maximum speed (speed-limit) you always have some power left for emergency situations. In Belgium the maximum speed on the highway is 120 km. (miles ??) With the 250 the top was 110 sometimes 115.
As i'm ad highway driver for most of the time, i use my bike for traveling to work. I do about 15.000 km a year and I saw the 650 executive with ABS i foud that the best thing for me on the market. I drive hole the year exept when their is snow and/or ice.
So the 650 is for me better then the 400 but i was very pleased with the 400 also. The 650 has more power but that was not the issue the ABS and the two strokes (?cylinder?) instead of one was the reasing for bying.
If their was a 400 burgman with two stroke (cylinder) and ABS that is my dream.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I sometimes have the feeling that the 650 is a bit to heavy for driving in the city(center), and by trafic jams on the highway. For myself not direct a problem, i do not come much in the city and do not often drive on (between the cars) when their is a trafic jam. I mostly "que up" between the other trafic.
Why a 2 cylinder: less noice, less vibrations.
Why 400: the top speed is more than enough, driving at maximum allowed speed I have a reserve thats big enough for me. The top speed of the 650 I realy do not need.
The 650 has ABS.

The first 1.500 km I thought men what have I done!!! Changing my 400 for the 650 executive. Such a big inelegant scooter. I had one thing that maked me hapy the ABS more safety. Now at 4.000 km thats all over and i'm realy pleased of my 650.

But when I must make a choise bying a new one and their is a 400 / 2 cylinder ABS aqnd the 650 executive it would be a very hard and difficult choise. :oops: But the 400 2 cylinder is not their so no problem. :lol:

·
Registered
220 Posts
Welcome, Dirk.

I hadn't thought about this, but I guess the 400 is more nimble than the 650? It must be, as Suzuki lists its weight at 405 lbs vs the 650 at 524 lbs.

However, the 400 is only 2 inches narrower, and overall length of both machines is the same.

It must be the weight, not the size.

Hope you enjoy being a member, and by the way, your English is good (former English professor here).

·
Registered
5 Posts
Near Namur?

Hi,
I'm the happy owner of a 650 here in San Francisco, California. I work for the City of Belmont, which recently became a 'sister city' to Namur, Belgium. We hosted a delegation of officials and journalists about two weeks ago, and I was wondering if you are nearby. Ride safe!
- Craig Ewing
- San Francisco

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I was wondering if you are nearby
For people from the U.S., yes it's nearby, about 150 km.
As you look at it by Belgium measures it's a nice trip. Perhaps some sill say al long trip. About 1,5 hour driving I think passing by Brussels, and thats a bit difficult.
Namur is in the Frensh speaking part of Belgium and I'm living in the Dutsh/Flamish part of Belgium.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts