Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took a chance on a 2003 Burgman 400 with 90xx miles this past weekend. Now waiting on delivery of parts from BikeBandit.com so I can replace the original tires and do all the maintenance I fear was never done. But she runs strong, no leaks.
This site has already been a tremendous help in choosing BikeBandit, and tires, etc. Very grateful and looking forward to participating when I'm not out riding!
Now, if only I could find an owner's manual so I could learn how to get to the fuse box....

·
Registered
88 Posts
Took a chance on a 2003 Burgman 400 with 90xx miles this past weekend. Now waiting on delivery of parts from BikeBandit.com so I can replace the original tires and do all the maintenance I fear was never done. But she runs strong, no leaks.
This site has already been a tremendous help in choosing BikeBandit, and tires, etc. Very grateful and looking forward to participating when I'm not out riding!
Now, if only I could find an owner's manual so I could learn how to get to the fuse box....
Hello from San Antonio..........happy riding.....keep the rubber down.....

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, you too! My consolation in not having her roadworthy yet is that it is too dang hot to ride this week, as I'm sure you've noticed.

·
Premium Member
3,163 Posts
Hello from Austin, how far are you from Bandera ?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi! I'm in Kerrville, so not far at all! Not that I find time to get down there. :(
Is that a regular destination for you?

·
Premium Member
3,163 Posts
Hi! I'm in Kerrville, so not far at all! Not that I find time to get down there. :(
Is that a regular destination for you?
Typically every other year to ride amongst the Blue Bonnets and low water crossings....the Virus stopped that this year.... There was a big tavern in Bandera that all the ranch hands from the Dude Ranches would come in and sing Karaoke did you ever witness that ?

We would ride to Kerrville for lunch at Mamacitas for the ambience .... and a Motorcycle Museum in Vanderpool that was owned by an Aussie ?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have not! But I would like to. Is it still a thing? Or, will it be once things get back to normal?

·
Premium Member
3,163 Posts
I have not! But I would like to. Is it still a thing? Or, will it be once things get back to normal?
They said Clint Blacks brother owned it ...I think....it’s not really my kind of music but the cowboys singing it made it special .

We have a Burgman Group do a tour out of Fredericksburg until the virus hit.

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
The fuse box is under the plastic panel under the dash on the left. The panel is held on by 4 clips.

·
Registered
408 Posts
Welcome from Fort Worth, great riding down there. We did a weekend gathering in Fredricksburg 2 years ago but this year's was canceled. We'll try to do one again next April. Love the riding in that area.

Reactions: DarisPakar

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks! Truly is a great area for riding; just have to watch for the deer always wanting to cross the road at the wrong time.
I hope things are back to normal next Spring.

·
Premium Member
8,178 Posts
welp, did the weather cool? or just get wetter ? Welcome from Florida :)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hello!
The hurricane last week went too far south for us to get any rain in central TX. Temps have been low 90s instead of 100+, so that's something.
If I can ever get my tires and other parts and get this old 400 roadworthy, I'll ride no matter what the weather! I had no idea how many shortages and shipping delays are in effect right now. Guess I've been living in a bubble. Once the TP crisis was over in the stores, I quit paying attention.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts