Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

I've been motorcycling for 35 years. I currently ride a 2002 Yamaha FZ1. It's a 998 CC inline-four, with 140 HP stock. I'm in the market for a scooter, and am considering the Burger Jr and Burger King, and the Silverwing too. Here's a rundown of bikes from my past, up to the present:

Honda C90
Yamaha 180
1972 Suzuki 185TS
Triumph 250 single
1971 Honda CL350
1978 Honda Hawk 400
1979 BMW R100RT
1980 Honda CB750F
1982 Honda XL250
1998 Yamaha FZR600
1996 Honda VT1100C
2002 Yamaha FZ1

I've been lurking here for about a week now. I finally registered today. You are a great group. Thanks so much for the informative board!

·
Registered
5,363 Posts
Welcome to BurgmanUSA. Thanks for joining. I've also owned many other motorcycles, and I've found riding my AN650 to be a very unique experience. I hope that you find the right scooter for you soon.

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
addicted

Welcome

A perfect match to your "Naked" FZ1 would be a fully "tupperwared" Burger King. JMHO :wink: :wink:

Bill

·
Premium Member
4,516 Posts
Welcome...I love my 400, but with your riding experience a Burgman 650 would probably make you REAL happy. :D

·
Registered
3,323 Posts
Greetings and welcome to the board. Since your riding the Fizzer1k then the only scoot that would suit you is the 650 . I don't think you would be as happy with the smaller CC engines.

·
Registered
544 Posts
The 650 would be a great choice. Three weeks ago I traded my 2001 ST1100 for the Burgman 650 and after a short breakin headed out on a 4000km (2800 mile) vacation ride. I found the Burgman to be pretty comfortable and very solid on the Hwy at speeds above the limit (usual 10% sort of thing) with enough left for quick passes. I was amazed at how little it was affected by cross winds and turbulence. And all with great gas mileage.... like 60 - 64 mpg (Canadian - Imp gallons). In three weeks I'm headed from Ottawa, Canada to Vermont for 3 days of riding with a group of ST riders.

Second amazement occured when I got home and headed out for a little sprint on one of my favorite twisty runs. I met up with another Burgman 650 rider who had his machine for two years and he lead the way. I felt more comfortable and confident on the Burgman than when taking the same curves at the same speed on my ST1100. It was great.

Yesterday I started commuting to work and again the convenience of tossing my helmet and jacket under the seat before taking the 10 minute walk from my parking spot to the office was great. No more lugging the stuff back and forth. I've also got a 52Litre Givi top box incase I want to take a pile of work home (not likely!!).

Sorry for sounding like I'm preaching but I'm still sucking it all in myself.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts