Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know the tag says registered in 2015, but I have just recently been active since I bought Ruby Red, my 2008 Burgman 400, late last summer.

I live near I-76 and between I-71 and I-77, 25 minutes west of Akron, Ohio which gives me a great variety of easy riding to places to go and things to do for the 25 to 350 mile round trip day trips and joy rides, generally down the bazillion side roads and back roads.

I enjoy 2-3 day camping trips and try to do a week plus camping run down the Skyline Drive and Blue Ridge Parkway, stop in Asheville to visit my sister, and explore the Smokey Mountains.

Yeah, the avatar is me doing The Tail of the Dragon for the first time. :D

·
Registered
242 Posts
Welcome to the Forum nulldevice. I have a grand daughter who teaches in Asheville; it's a fun town. I agree with MikeyMarine; something is closing in on you fast. Post some better pics of your trailer and did you build it or is it factory?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The trailer is my winter project form long ago home build. It has been sturdy but the fit and finish on it is not to be inspected any closer than 20 feet or so.

It has been closing in on me like Achilles racing the turtle for 10 - 12 thousand miles over a decade and three scooters and it hasn't caught me yet. I would have to dig to find pictures of the trailer, but I made an awful video tour which does get the job done.

·
Registered
888 Posts
Welcome Null! I'm one of the organizers of a motorcycle/scooter group in the other corner of Ohio: Greater Cincinnati. We also have members in Dayton and Columbus, and our 39 events in 2021 included an annual trip to the Smokey Mountains, including the Tail, Cherohala Skyway, Foothills Parkway, the Rattler, BRP, et al, plus we do an annual (sometimes bi-annual) camping trip to southeastern Ohio, often including parts of the Windy Nine. There is some preliminary discussion of doing a multi-day Skyline Drive/BRP trip in 2022.

Also, the MSTA does annual rallies out of Marietta, Asheville and Red River Gorge, and it certainly would be nice to have another scooterist along! ;)

So maybe there's some opportunity to do some riding together!

·
Premium Member
18,066 Posts
great to have another doityerselfer on board, the world needs more of them and now more than ever as supply and demand doesn't work any more

·
Premium Member
2,273 Posts
Welcome! 1. DIYer 🙂 2. Ohioan (I lived in NE OH from yrs 0 to 30) 3. 2008 red owner.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts