Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Premium Member
953 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bryan, aka Greengoose........I have read a few times of the upcoming deployment and have not commented maybe hoping this would not really be. I believe there are quite a few members of BurgmanUSA who have participated in being deployed in service of our country and can relate to this in a real way. You will be in my thoughts and prayers for a successfull deployment and return to your family and return to your BurgmanUSA family. Please keep us up on whatever is going on with you and hope you can keep in touch with us wherever you are. Neal

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
Wut he said! :withstupid:

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
Bryan,

Be safe, come home soon and thank you.

Janine :)

·
Premium Member
2,857 Posts
I dont have an exact date yet. I was supposed to leave back in June, then July 7th, now mid Aug. Typical hurry up and wait. I will be told tomorrow to be on an airplane yesterday. :D

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
I've been recalled so I know some of how you feel. At least I didn't have to worry about being shot at. After nine months they finally gave up
trying to figure out why they called us up & let us go.

·
Registered
4,517 Posts
My 21 year old niece has been in Iraq for over 6 months now. She came back last weekend to celebrate her parents 25th wedding aniversary, now she's on her way back. Though she isn't required to, she voluntarily walks a patrol beat. Recently, a bomb exploded in the mess hall (If I recall correctly) and it turned out to be not terrorists, but people she was serving with.
God speed to all of you who are serving. You are true patriots.

·
Registered
1,602 Posts
If you manage to get over there and have to work with the motor pools near Baghdad (VN) and run into a young, handsome fellow named David From Alabama/North Carolina... Say Hi... That's my son.

Joe

·
Premium Member
2,857 Posts
Thanks for the support. I found out last night that I may not go until Sept now. Whatever ! :roll:

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
Godspeed...

Goose,

Godspeed to you...whenEVER you end up going! :D

BTW, I hope you will turn the helm over to someone while you are gone, JUST IN CASE! I don't know about anyone else but I can't go through another BurgmanUSA outage!

Our thoughts and prayers will be with you and your family.

Dee

·
Premium Member
2,857 Posts
Re: Godspeed...

ScubaGirl said:
Goose,

BTW, I hope you will turn the helm over to someone while you are gone, JUST IN CASE! I don't know about anyone else but I can't go through another BurgmanUSA outage!

Dee
That is what Mr. Bill Meek is for. He will be in charge while I'm gone. BUSA will be in very good hands.

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
Whew!

Whew! What a relief... :D

·
Premium Member
61 Posts
As Bill Murray said in Stripes, "You can't go, all the plants will die!"

Seriously though, I work for the reserves and a lot of them have deployed and come back. Hopefully things wind down and you get to stay stateside. If you go, we'll all be here waitin' for you to get back!

·
Premium Member
604 Posts
Thank you for your service you give our country.

Give your wife a great big hug for us, being a military wife is a tough job.

Stay safe.

·
Premium Member
2,857 Posts
My **NEW** deployment date is now Oct 7th. Which means I will miss Christmas again! This will be my 3rd Christmas deployed out of the past 5 years. Gone for 2001, 2003, and now 2005. :cry:

·
Premium Member
2,857 Posts
Date change AGAIN! I will be home for Christmas now. :D I'm leaving Sept 17th for Mortar Alley. (Iraq).
I guess I need to get busy, only 30 days away.
-

1 - 20 of 28 Posts