Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, as we often will gripe about bad service I have to mention great service. This past Saturday the boss (wife) and I went to Sacramento's Cycle Gear store. They were having a big end-of-the-year sale. I've had my Burgie for two years now and the boss has continually made one excuse after another why she doesn't have a helmet - in California they are required, and I wouldn't ride without one. Well, we found a nice red Shoei XS 3/4 helmet in the sale pile for $25, but it didn't have a face shield. We decided to look around a bit more. We couldn't find ANY other extra smalls so went back to grab the Shoei. You guessed it, someone else beat us to it! :( Well, let's take a look at the non-sale helmets. We found a white BiLT 3/4 helmet with a face shield for $80. Compared to the Shoei multi-tech I have that was still cheap. The boss doesn't like full-face helmets because they are claustrophobic. We held onto that BiLT and did some more shopping. I picked up a pair of Freeze-Out glove liners (thanks Jeff!) then we headed to the tills. We told Brandon our tale of sorrow missing out on the $25 Shoei explaining we just should have been faster. He then scanned the BiLT and hit the 50% discount button on the register! Just like that the helmet went from $80 to $40! :cheers: :thumbup: What a guy!

Well, Sunday at 8:35am the electricity went out throughout the neighborhood. Only one thing to do: The boss rode on the back of the Burgie for the first time while we rode for about three hours, including stopping for breakfast. I think she liked it! :D She wanted to drive so we pulled into a parking lot, I got off, and she slipped forward. As she has had knee surgery and is missing her right ACL (part of her knee holding the leg straight) she didn't feel comfortable trying to hold up the scoot, so we went home. Maybe next time I can get her to take it around the parking lot by herself.

·
Registered
3,933 Posts
My local Cycle Gear store has a reasonable manager too.
I love giving him my business when I can.
I just wish there selection had a little more mid-grade products instead of the extreme high or low end product lines.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts