Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I just wanted to say how grateful I am to be on this forum with you all. Due to the wealth of the knowledge of people here, I have saved over $4500 on maintenance costs that I otherwise would not have saved because I wouldn't have the skill to learn and would have to pay the dealer instead. Being on this forum is like having a big brother teaching me how to repair my scooter. So thank y'all

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Thankful that your "Thankful" title didn't mean another accident!
Edit: That'd be 'grateful'. My bad.

·
Registered
735 Posts
Doing your own is satisfying, keeps your noodle active, and (hopefully) means that the service was done right. What could be better?

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
What he said. :thumbup:
I have owned my B400 since July 2012. Can you imagine how much it would have cost, if I took it to a dealer for all of its service so far? Makes my brain hurt.
That's 15,000 of my miles. That's about 7 or 8 oil changes, about 4 or 5 final drive oil changes, 4 tire changes, replace a belt, clean the variator about 6 times, install DP sliders, etc.
That much $$$$, would probably be = to another scooter!

·
Registered
857 Posts
At my apartment complex we're not allowed to work on vehicles in the parking lot.... :( Wish I could, I'd save some big money if I learned how to do my own work...

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just move to another place. The work you do can save money and buy you another scooter

1 - 7 of 7 Posts