Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I will be installing my GPS on the 2013 650 that arrives this week.

According to the blurb Suzuki sent me it has a wiring point at the front of the bike. Note this is not the one in the glove compartment.

Does anyone know where it is please?
Thanks
Lloyd.

·
Premium Member
6,061 Posts
It would be helpful if you quoted the blurb so we all knew exactly what they are claiming.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I will try and scan it over the weekend so you can see it.
Collected the 650 this morning, so will also study the manual tonight to see if its in there.
Lloyd.

·
Registered
218 Posts
I just use the power plug in the glove box, it does require a short usb charger available at Walmart the so you can close the glovebox door.
Jim

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
I use the same as rimjaine and it works great. I've got the Garmin Nuvi 50 mounted on the right-hand brake resivoir with a RAM mount and the USB cable comes out of the center door and drapes around the right handlebar so it doesn't dangle or blow in the wind.

·
Premium Member
188 Posts
I was just at my dealer Saturday and gave the 2013. The plug is still in glove box but on the right side so you can get a plug in and still close the door. Where the older models had it on the left side and you couldn'd close the door without an adapter. :)

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
I have a Garmin 54LM (which does not have an earpice socket nor Bluetooth as standard) so I have modified it by fitting a 3.5mm earpiece socket on the back which connects via a curly cable terminating at a small speaker inside my helmet. The power for my Garmin is provided by a fused (1A) parallel feed from the original 10A socket (which, as mentioned on this forum many times is very stupidly located inside the front locker). This 1A feed is fed up through the handlebar cover and terminates at the Garmin mounted on the left-hand brake reservoir. (the mount itself is secured by 2 cable-ties). I have also provided a small loop of fishing line to hook the satnav in case it ever pops off its mount. All this is quite easy to do. Anyone who needs further help has only to ask - maybe PM me would be best? PS: I took 5 pictures with my mobile but they were all out-of-focus. I will try again soon with my other (bigger) camera.

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
In my above message I should have mentioned that the feed-cable used must be the original one because it transforms the 12v down to 5v. Two wires (the 1A fuse is in the + line) are soldered to the accessory-plug end (negative to the outside, positive to centre pip), insulated with tape, and the free ends piggy-backed onto + and - on the accessory socket inside the locker.

·
Premium Member
797 Posts
Older model Burgmans with power plug and glove box door interfernce.

You can and I did buy a one Male to two plug Female then cut the Male one open and removed about 1/2 of it (taped it up good and then it fit and let the door close0. Then you have two plugs to use.

I drilled hole in top of glove box to bring wires into the box to use the two female sockets.

I did run a wire off the back of the present socket up to the dash and put in a female to plug one of those Digital Voltage Readouts - So, I could monitor the battery and charging. That was after I had a major blow up of something (assume the regulator which fried everything - well, all the lights that were on and the ECM Module). That has been documenterd in another topic.

I also just strapped the Windshield Mount for my GPS to the brake Reservoir on right side. Works fine over a RAM Mount.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts