Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
806 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since Samsung's new Galaxy SIII smart phone has A2DP Blue Tooth capabilities has anyone matched it up with a wireless helmet mounted earphone to be able to hear wireless directions with their GPS Apps. The nice thing about this set-up is you can put the phone in your pocket or wear it around your neck in a waterproof pouch and get audio directions in your ear.

I currently have a Garmin 1490LMT GPS which works OK except I can't hear it with the wind noise and it is not waterproof while riding in the rain.

·
Registered
2,838 Posts
See this post -> viewtopic.php?p=545637#p545637

Since the sIII runs Android, a similar stup should work for you as well. Used this on my recent trip to TN down to FL, to NC, then home.

·
Registered
5,795 Posts
It is very well done on the S III. LOVE IT.

Godzilla Bobber said:
GPS on the galaxy2 sucks. Hope it is better on the III

·
Registered
134 Posts
I highly recommend Co Pilot Live GPS. You can download the maps you need to your internal storage. This will use the gps antenna, but not require data like google maps. The app is free for the 1st country you register. Turn by turn directions and 3d view is $10-or $15. I bought that and love it. I just wish they had a desktop app or webtop mode so you could plan a route on the computer and sync with your device.

The app supports Android and iOS.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have a older Garmin Gps StreetPilot c330 the voice is very loud and I can here while riding with my 3/4 helmet on. It's not water proof, but then again I don't ride in the rain :)

·
Premium Member
58 Posts
I have a Galaxy 10.1 tab and use the Waze app for the GPS program. I keep the tablet under the seat and have the Scalarider G4 on my helmet. It works great. You have maps from google so you have the current maps from all over the world free. Since the tablet has to connect to the helmet via bluetooth, I can't use my phone which is also a2dp ready, but I don't like the GPS on it. With your phone you can download the Waze app onto your phone and it will work giving you music, pier to pier conversations, music GPS and of course telephone. I have used Waze here in Israel and the United States with no problem. It automatically changed from kilometers to miles when I entered the States, so If you were to go to Canada, it should also change for you. I think that it would be an excellent combination.

·
Premium Member
58 Posts
Since my previous post, I got the Galaxy S3 and installed Waze. It works great. I have not been able to ride lately but I tried it with the scalarider g4 on my helmet and I could play music and receive phone calls. When I finished the phone call, it switched to my music. I turned on waze and tried to use it. The first thing it does when you tell it to start is to say "lets go" which it did and then went back to my music so from that I am happy and feel that there will not be a problem when I get on the bike.

·
Registered
23 Posts
brandonc_mail said:
I highly recommend Co Pilot Live GPS. You can download the maps you need to your internal storage. This will use the gps antenna, but not require data like google maps. The app is free for the 1st country you register. Turn by turn directions and 3d view is $10-or $15. I bought that and love it. I just wish they had a desktop app or webtop mode so you could plan a route on the computer and sync with your device.

The app supports Android and iOS.
+1 on CoPilot :thumbup: ... It's not perfect (I wish the speed indicator was a bit larger) but responsive, even on an older phone, and well thought out. The fact that they do regular free map upgrades after an initial purchase is also a plus. Not needing to be within cell coverage is a major plus!
-- Mark

1 - 10 of 10 Posts