Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My glovebox will not close when using the cigarette lighter socket for power.
Any solutions you may have found?
Thanks,
Scooter frank

·
Registered
2,834 Posts
As you not mention which model GPS you have and if you talking 650 model here, if it 650, me purchase a unit with short plug that when plug in it about 1/4 inch away from close door, however find much better solution using bare wire unit that connect from back of 12 volt socket and run along handlebar under plastic directly to Garmin 1450 GPS, problem solve permanently.

http://www.gpscity.ca/gilsson-bare-wire-power-cable.html

·
Registered
143 Posts
Frank, I remember that problem before I decided to hard wire the GPS. I used a extension plugged into the lighter socket for awhile that worked OK. The extension had a shorter male plug that allowed the glove box door to close, then I plugged the GPS into the other end of the extension & coiled up the cord in the glove box. The lighter socket extension cords are available @ most auto parts stores. Mark

·
Registered
22 Posts
As you not mention which model GPS you have and if you talking 650 model here, if it 650, me purchase a unit with short plug that when plug in it about 1/4 inch away from close door, however find much better solution using bare wire unit that connect from back of 12 volt socket and run along handlebar under plastic directly to Garmin 1450 GPS, problem solve permanently.

http://www.gpscity.ca/gilsson-bare-wire-power-cable.html

+1 on the hardwire route. I've done this on my wife's vespa, the goldwing, and now the 650.

·
Premium Member
1,327 Posts
Try adding a lighter socket on the dash

I gave up on the glove box socket and installed a Marinco socket with a waterproof cap. Available at West Marine, probably others too.

·
Registered
207 Posts
I guess I have to be glad they moved it back in the 2013 model. I have a VERY short twin-USB outlet (if I recall correctly, Rocketfish brand with 3.1 Amp service) and it barely has enough room to close the door with charging cables attached.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Tried a shorter plug but unhappy about the quality of the plug. It was made in China.
I will search for better plug and probably hard wire to battery

Thanks, scooterfrank

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
View attachment 23537

Try one of these with a USB cord. It sits flush with the power socket once installed. theres enough room for the plug between it and the glove box door. You can get them anywhere pretty much for $5.

Only problem is the GPS thinks its attached to a computer, so it takes longer to boot up.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts