Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
G'day Folks,
I went out and treated myself to a Garmin Zumo GPS and a couple of reservoir mounts . I'm right handed...From members own experiences which side of the bike have you found to be the best for mounting the GPS. The left or right handed reservoir mount. Just thought I would enquire.

Cheers Steve G

·
Premium Member
11,296 Posts
It really is a personal preference sort of thing. I have mine on the left.

Which Zumo - 660?

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Norm,
I bought the 390LM which came with tyre preasure sensors

Steve

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
The left side is more natural for me. I guess that is because the left mirror is the one I look at first.

·
Registered
1,060 Posts

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
Left side because that is the free hand. If you put it on the right side, then your left hand has to cross over in order to operate the GPS. It's not a big deal when you're standing still, but when you're moving, it makes a difference.

·
Registered
2,834 Posts
Left side, often you watch left side mirror for other vehicle.

·
Premium Member
11,296 Posts
Hi Norm,
I bought the 390LM which came with tyre preasure sensors

Steve
Very nice indeed but a helluva lot of beer coupons. :eek:ccasion5:

Over here they have been discounting the 660 very heavily since the 390 was introduced which makes it worth considering for those on the cusp of a decision.

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Just looked at that 390lm. Very nice gps. I love how it has the tire pressure monitors like that. Let us know how accurate they are. I would cut into the handlebar cover and attach it to the a handlebar itself. I'm sure there's a way to make it look inset or something like that.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts