Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Banned
1,486 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On my 2009 400, after screwing/securing the piece from the RAM mount kit onto the brake fluid reservoir and assembling the other RAM mount pieces, I found that this makes the GPS too high to see my right turn signal indicator. After thinking about/studying the problem for a few months, I came up with a great solution. Can anyone guess what the solution is?

·
Registered
806 Posts
Replace the Ram mount with an off-set base.

·
Registered
806 Posts
OK So what did you do???

·
Banned
1,486 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Marv came the closest so far. B4 i tell u what I did, I want to see if anyone else had this same problem - ok guys? If they did, they too will love the solution!!!!!

·
Registered
413 Posts
Velcro-ed it to the plastic over the handlebars?
Stuck it on the dash panel over the speedo?
Suction cupped to the windshield?

·
Premium Member
4,551 Posts
Turn the RAM mounting bracket around so the ball is on the other end :thumbup:

·
Registered
36 Posts
You could mount a turn signal audible indicator and when you hear it, check you visible turn signal, now, if it isn't blinking you have the other one on. After a few trips using this method you will get quicker at decyphering it and will no longer be driving past your intended turns.
Or, you could mount the gps on the side of the front plastic, either side will do, and using the Scala headset you could/must buy, you could go just by the audible directions issued by the gps.
Don't mount it on the windshield however as that is illegal in a number of states.
Enjoy the ride.
Nodak Rider

·
Banned
1,486 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Once I tell u the solution, you are all going to say - Y didn't I think of that? And.. in a way, the answer is kinda obvious but I could not think of it right away either.I felt like/almost had to go down to my garage to study the problem and - this time - BINGO! Since no one else seems to have this problem, how about we make this a little game and see if anyone can figure it out? Either way, I will soon tell u but if someone else has the problem, let me know and I will post the answer sooner.

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
tomfelock said:
Once I tell u the solution, you are all going to say - Y didn't I think of that? And.. in a way, the answer is kinda obvious but I could not think of it right away either.I felt like/almost had to go down to my garage to study the problem and - this time - BINGO! Since no one else seems to have this problem, how about we make this a little game and see if anyone can figure it out? Either way, I will soon tell u but if someone else has the problem, let me know and I will post the answer sooner.
Strange....!!! I have a GPS mounted on a RAM mount on the right brake reservoir AND have NO PROBLEM seeing the turn signals flashing..?????

1 - 13 of 13 Posts