Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks
I just purchased a burgman 400:) and can't take it out on the road until all the sand is cleared up. I'm a new rider and don't want to drop it the first day. For now I am trying to find the best place to install my street pilot 2610. I was wondering if anyone has any ideas or pictures of their installations?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Bob,
The link didn't work. I'm also looking into putting it right in the middle of the handlebars. what kind of mount did you come up with?
steve

·
Registered
239 Posts
Try this link:
http://photos.yahoo.com/beemer5432
If it does not work, I'll have to figure out how to load them onto this forum's photo page. I made a mount out of aluminum, but you could also mount the Street Pilot mount directly to the center pad. This is a good position for the GPS. I like it better than mounting it to the side on the handlebar.

Bob

·
Registered
239 Posts
Have you ever felt the weight of a Garmin Street Pilot? Actually, the mount was originally made to mount on the handlebar upper clamps of a Suzuki VStrom and in that situation it had to be robust. Besides, it was all I had!

Bob

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the photos Bob, It looks strong enough to me. I'm going to mount my 2610 using one of the mounts that came with the unit. I just hate drilling holes in my new toy, but oh well. Again thank for the photos.

Steve

·
Registered
239 Posts
Steve,

Glad you got the pics. Yes, I didn't like drilling holes iether, but while I have the bike, the mount will remain on, so it really doesn't matter. Just be sure you use large washers under the bolts holding your mount on, to prevent them from being torn through the plastic!

Bob

·
Registered
689 Posts
Bob where did you get that mount. What about shaking when you ride.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Roger, I made the mount out of scraps of aluminum for my V_Strom. After I sold it, I adapted the mount for the Burgman. It doesn't shake at all. You could just bolt the GPS mount directly to the pad, but I use mine in the car as well.

Bob

1 - 12 of 12 Posts