Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

GPS - the good, the bad and the ugly

• Wouldn't ride without one

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Have VN use voice navigation and visual.

Votes: 0 0.0%
61 - 66 of 66 Posts

·
Premium Member
490 Posts
I have the GPS on the Gold Wing but, I have been in to much pain to travel with it so, I don't use it much. I tried it and she just nags a lot if I don't take the route she wants me to. :( I usually have tried to put up with it until I just have to stop and shut it off. Would like to try a nice Garmin unit that helps me in a trip instead of bugs me. :thumbup:

Flint

·
Registered
204 Posts
Alex, got my Tomtom Go 630 today--with Route Converter, it's just what the doctor ordered. Thank you--this is what I've been looking for for so long! Though I'm debating whether to return it and pay the $10 more to get the 730, which does music.

·
Registered
2,945 Posts
Flint said:
I have the GPS on the Gold Wing but, I have been in to much pain to travel with it so, I don't use it much. I tried it and she just nags a lot if I don't take the route she wants me to. :( I usually have tried to put up with it until I just have to stop and shut it off. Would like to try a nice Garmin unit that helps me in a trip instead of bugs me. :thumbup:

Flint
My Burg has a TomTom Rider One installed by PO.
What bugs me most is that TomTom no longer offers up-to-date maps for it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mniaZEP7sLM

·
Registered
149 Posts
I have been riding with GPS mounted on my many different motorcycles since 2001.

I never use the 3D map display more,

I always leave the scale of the mp display at a lever where I can determine the cornering speed from looking at the screen.

I only use the routing functions when I'm lost and need to get to some place specific at specific time.

For mounting the GPS, the ideal place would be just above the speedometer/tachometer displays. Less time to take your eyes off the direction of travels.

GPS offer more accurate speed reading, it is a good tool to estimate travel time, gets me home everytime after I get lost, which happens quite a lot while riding. Personally, GPS is a very helpful tool.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Woulod not leave home without it, can assist with your seepd (correct), and in case you get lost, which i do just for the fun of it, once i get to know where I am at, I let the GPS still do it's job.

·
Premium Member
99 Posts
none said:
For mounting the GPS, the ideal place would be just above the speedometer/tachometer displays. Less time to take your eyes off the direction of travels.

What type of mounting method did you use for this?

Thanks
Don

61 - 66 of 66 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.