Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone installed the new GPR poppy exhaust, I really like the looks and was wondering about the sound. Any feedback would be appreciated.

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Here's one set up pm a BMW 650GS. The sound on a 650 Burgman would probably be similar.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the response I don't think Ill be buying it I'll get the furor instead. Once I get it installed I'll post a video so you all can check it out. thanks again ChipDoc

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
I hope the Furor works well for you, symtastic. I'm looking forward to the video!

·
Registered
75 Posts
Thanks for the response I don't think Ill be buying it I'll get the furor instead. Once I get it installed I'll post a video so you all can check it out. thanks again ChipDoc
What is a Furor? When I saw your post, I googled it and didn't come up with much.

I'm just curious,

·
Registered
75 Posts
Only one I remember was central to World War II.
Nobody really liked the noise he made.
Yes, I'm well aware of that Furor, but I assumed they were referring to an aftermarket exhaust by the same name.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Sorry about that Dflowe I misspelled it. It is a GPR Furore exhaust, but I changed my mind again, the GPR exhaust comes from Italy and takes a while to get here and I like the looks of the carbon fiber with the moonstruck grey of my 650. The Furore body is carbon but the end cap is black. I found the Yoshimuri (probably misspelled) which ships out of IL. one state over(3 or 4 days), the body and end cap are the carbon fiber look. Also found a utube video right under the one ChipDoc posted about that had 2 650's 1 had factory exhaust the other had the yoshimuri, looks great and sounded good.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Sorry about that Dflowe I misspelled it. It is a GPR Furore exhaust, but I changed my mind again, the GPR exhaust comes from Italy and takes a while to get here and I like the looks of the carbon fiber with the moonstruck grey of my 650. The Furore body is carbon but the end cap is black. I found the Yoshimuri (probably misspelled) which ships out of IL. one state over(3 or 4 days), the body and end cap are the carbon fiber look. Also found a utube video right under the one ChipDoc posted about that had 2 650's 1 had factory exhaust the other had the yoshimuri, looks great and sounded good.
Symtastic,
Thanks for clearing that up. I'm familiar with the GPR exhaust and I think it's one of the best looking. I've seen the videos on youtube and that one interest me, but I'd like to hear one live to be sure it's not louder than I want. I think this is one that currently listed on ebay:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/EXHAUST-SYSTEM-SUZUKI-BURGMAN-650-2IN1-GPR-MADE-ITALY-/260791573728?pt=Motorcycles_Parts_Accessories&hash=item3cb8639ce0&vxp=mtr

Let me know what you end up with,

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
That GPR exhaust you are looking at is what my friend has on his 650 I really like the sound, it is just as quite as the factory exhaust at idle and low rpm's but has a deeper tone, and at higher rpm's getting on the throttle it is louder than factory but not to loud. He has the db killer removed from his and it sounds great. If it was a little to loud for you you could leave the db killer installed, it comes with the exhaust system from GPR where it does not with the yoshimuri. The only 2 reasons I went with the R-77 yoshimuri is the carbon fiber look and 3 day shipping. When I get it installed I'll post a video. :cool:

·
Registered
75 Posts
That GPR exhaust you are looking at is what my friend has on his 650 I really like the sound, it is just as quite as the factory exhaust at idle and low rpm's but has a deeper tone, and at higher rpm's getting on the throttle it is louder than factory but not to loud. He has the db killer removed from his and it sounds great. If it was a little to loud for you you could leave the db killer installed, it comes with the exhaust system from GPR where it does not with the yoshimuri. The only 2 reasons I went with the R-77 yoshimuri is the carbon fiber look and 3 day shipping. When I get it installed I'll post a video. :cool:
Symtastic,
Did you get the Yoshimura R-77 for your B650? If so, I'm curious how the sound is compared to the GPR you mention in the quote above.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The R-77 should be here Monday, and I am hoping to have it installed Friday or Saturday. I will post a video with sound comparing the GPR on my friends 650 to the R-77 on mine. I will also be posting dyno graphs for factory 650, BMC air filter and R-77 exhaust, and 1 with Healtech tuner pro. I will also print the mapping so you guys can program your own without paying for dyno tuning.

·
Registered
75 Posts
The R-77 should be here Monday, and I am hoping to have it installed Friday or Saturday. I will post a video with sound comparing the GPR on my friends 650 to the R-77 on mine. I will also be posting dyno graphs for factory 650, BMC air filter and R-77 exhaust, and 1 with Healtech tuner pro. I will also print the mapping so you guys can program your own without paying for dyno tuning.
That type of information would be fantastic. You must have access to a dyno to be able to do all of that. I'm more interested in the sound and looks more than anything else. A performance boost would be a nice benefit, but primarily I'd just like a little more sound, a deeper tone, and I don't want it to be overly loud.

Thanks,

1 - 13 of 13 Posts