Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello everyone:
I just finished swapping out the OEM exhaust with a GPR Furore Aluminium with Catalytic converter. Looks good to me, it is a little louder and a little deeper in tone, and has saved a few pounds of weight.
No, probably it is not worth the money, but one does not buy a Burgman 650 and all the accompanying farkles to save money :D.
Bottom line, it does not sound like a Jetson Mobile anymore.
I am liking it. I have posted a you tube video if you want to listen to it (keep in minds, the video was taken with my phone, so quality is just ok).
Here's the link:

Marco

Attachments

·
Registered
3,975 Posts
Looks nice, sounds good. Take it out and run it up through the ratios in manual. I like the sound my Yoshi makes just bouncing it slightly off the rev limiter as I shift. :D Looks like your tail panel (below the tail lamp) is loose.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Hi MJR:
Thanks!
I had noted it myself as well. I don't usually take picture and videos of the White Lardy ("They make me look fat" :D she says...) but it really was noticeable. I have fixed it.
Marco

·
Administrator
20,107 Posts
Nice. My questons are: 1. How much? 2. Where'd ya order it from? 3. How easy was it to install?

I'm sure our self appointed EPA enforcer will be by soon to inform you its now illegal.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi Dave:
1) $462+$10 shipping (From Italy). Took 3.5 weeks to get. I belive these are made to order. Once it is shipped, it took three days to get here.

2) I ordered from E-bay because, with Paypal, I had the option to get 6 months same as cash payments. It is also available from Amazon Marketplace here

Amazon.com: Full Exhaust System With Catalyst Suzuki Burgman 650 2/1 2003/12 Gpr Road Legal With Dbkiller Furore Aluminum: Automotive

3) The only trouble was to bolt the header pipes. I do not have a way to raise the bike up except that putting it on the center stand, and even by removing the right side leg side cover, I had to contort lying on the ground to see the holes in the flanges. I was able to do it by using long 6mm metric ball head hex key with a 3/8 socket and the drive with a ratchet.
Once those are in, the rest is trivial.

It is clearly illegal because does not have America specs but: it is not very loud (compared to any neighborhood Harley) and it does have a catalytic converter, so I felt ok about it.
Marco

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
I have found the Burgman to be the quietest bike ever. In fact my wife, who can hear a blade of grass moving seemingly from a distance of 5 miles, never hears me returning from a ride out and often remarks how quiet the Burgman is.

·
Registered
3,975 Posts
I have found the Burgman to be the quietest bike ever. In fact my wife, who can hear a blade of grass moving seemingly from a distance of 5 miles, never hears me returning from a ride out and often remarks how quiet the Burgman is.
Funny that made me think of a friend of mine that said he can't hear me coming over to his house on my '03 with the stock exhaust while he can hear me coming when I'm on my '09 with the Yoshi with the baffle installed, lol.

·
Registered
2,832 Posts
even with the baffle installed the Yoshi, is still loud, I,v been working on an Insert to put on the Port to see if it would make it more less noise will post back on it's status.

Elliott,

·
Registered
3,975 Posts
even with the baffle installed the Yoshi, is still loud, I,v been working on an Insert to put on the Port to see if it would make it more less noise will post back on it's status.
Loud is running the Yoshi without the baffle. I tried it for 2 weeks and I was waiting for the Police to pull me over which didn't happen despite having ridden past several. Without the baffle I found it annoying. With the baffle in it was just right, louder than stock but quiet at freeway cruising speeds.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Hi Dave:
1) $462+$10 shipping (From Italy). Took 3.5 weeks to get. I belive these are made to order. Once it is shipped, it took three days to get here.

2) I ordered from E-bay because, with Paypal, I had the option to get 6 months same as cash payments. It is also available from Amazon Marketplace here

Amazon.com: Full Exhaust System With Catalyst Suzuki Burgman 650 2/1 2003/12 Gpr Road Legal With Dbkiller Furore Aluminum: Automotive

3) The only trouble was to bolt the header pipes. I do not have a way to raise the bike up except that putting it on the center stand, and even by removing the right side leg side cover, I had to contort lying on the ground to see the holes in the flanges. I was able to do it by using long 6mm metric ball head hex key with a 3/8 socket and the drive with a ratchet.
Once those are in, the rest is trivial.

It is clearly illegal because does not have America specs but: it is not very loud (compared to any neighborhood Harley) and it does have a catalytic converter, so I felt ok about it.
Marco
I installed the black carbon look version on my 650 as well and had a very similar ordering and delivery experience. I ordered it through eBay and had it in about 3 weeks. Mine had a light scratch on the top of the exhaust and they reimbursed me $75 for that scratch with me just sending them a picture of it and an explanation. Their customer service seems to be exceptional.

Mine doesn't have the catalyst, but it does have the db killer installed and although it does have a little tone to it, it's not loud at all and it's exactly what I was looking for. As for performance improvement, I doubt there is any measurable amount. The sound, weight savings and look were all that I really expected out of it.

·
Registered
3,975 Posts
I installed the black carbon look version on my 650 as well and had a very similar ordering and delivery experience. I ordered it through eBay and had it in about 3 weeks. Mine had a light scratch on the top of the exhaust and they reimbursed me $75 for that scratch with me just sending them a picture of it and an explanation. Their customer service seems to be exceptional.
Would you per chance have any photos? I'm thinking I might put one of these on my '03.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Would you per chance have any photos? I'm thinking I might put one of these on my '03.
Sorry, but I keep my Burgman at a beach home we have because it's my favorite and that's where I get time to ride it the most. It'll be several weeks before we're back there again and I can get you better pictures. However, I've got to tell you that I don't think you'll be disappointed. My Burgman is the pearl black and it goes great with it.

You might catch a glimpse of it (although small) in the photo I have in my avatar.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hello everyone:
Today I put the new exhaust through its paces. I drove about 30 miles (barely beating rain back home) on a mixture of secondary twisties and highway.
The exhaust has a bit more "personality" (I like it) but it is not objectionable at speed (the wind is still louder). Rolling on you can hear it more, but not an issue for me.
When I started the bike for the first time I heard a couple of pops and backfires, but after that none. I think the Fuel Injection computer (the exhaust has the hole for the oxygen sensor) has probably made adjustments for the new exhaust and is now running properly. I tried several time to make the exhaust pop (when slowing down for stops) but none happened.
It is probably wishful thinking, but I have the impression that I have just a bit more "oomph" (perhaps because it is a little louder). Regardless, on the highway I hit 82-83 mph (GPS verified, 91 on the speedo), and nothing "blew up".
I have the DB killer installed (the exhaust came with it and the catalytic converter). I probably will not take it out, but perhaps one of these days.
Marco

1 - 13 of 13 Posts