Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone:
I have been lurking around here for about a year and a half and since Feb of 2013 I am the happy owner of the White Lardy :D.

Summer is around the corner and it is time to add farkles. I'd like to add an aftermarket exhaust, with a bit more throaty rumble and, more important, less weight. I was concerned about the lack of a catalytic converter in almost all of the aftermarket exhausts, but just recently I notice that GPR (Italian just like me ;) ) has on market a new line of exhausts that claims to have a catalytic converter Amazon.com: Full Exhaust System With Catalyst Suzuki Burgman 650 2/1 2003/12 Gpr Road Legal Furore Carbonlook: Automotive
Does anyone have experience with this item? GPR seem to have a nice reputation, but has anyone used this particular model?
Thanks!
Marco

·
Registered
3,975 Posts
Seems nice, another one I would consider though I have a Yoshi without cat on my '09, hmm maybe for my '03. I found a video on YouTube with the GPR on a '13.

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
MJR - what was the install like on the Yoshi and do you notice much difference.

I'd prefer quieter.
A bit more zing would be nice.

I'm in the market - thanks for the tip OP

·
Registered
3,975 Posts
While I didn't install it myself (it was part of the Bazazz fuel progammer test bike install) I have removed or installed a few stock exhausts. The job on installing should be pretty basic and I might recommend the two gaskets at the head be changed at the same time if the bike has miles. I never got to experience it with just the exhaust by itself (Bazazz fuel programmer) only together. It felt like to me a little less power at takeoff but more at freeway speeds which doesn't surprise me with a freer flowing exhaust. I rode it for a couple of weeks without the noise insert and I found it too loud/unbearable. With the provided insert it was perfect for me, a bit throatier, and quieter like I wanted.

My primary focus was a great looking exhaust and better but not annoying sound. At the time Yoshi, GPR, and V&H were considered for their nice looking design.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I have a GPR Furore exhaust on mine, but mine doesn't have the catalytic converter on it. I chose to buy the exhaust without one, even though I believe they just slip in between the header and the exhaust.

The GPR is quieter than the Yoshimura and I like it that way. Mine has the db buster installed, but I believe the GPR is a little quieter without it installed than the Yoshimura is with a db buster in place.

I also have a Silverwing that has a Leo Vince exhaust on it.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have a GPR Furore exhaust on mine, but mine doesn't have the catalytic converter on it. I chose to buy the exhaust without one, even though I believe they just slip in between the header and the exhaust.

The GPR is quieter than the Yoshimura and I like it that way. Mine has the db buster installed, but I believe the GPR is a little quieter without it installed than the Yoshimura is with a db buster in place.

I also have a Silverwing that has a Leo Vince exhaust on it.
Hello Dflowe:
Thanks for the pointers!
Not too noisy is just fine, I just want a bit of a rumble. I'd like the idea of that catalytic converter as well because that way it would be closer to stock and lessen the chances of popping and backfires and whatnot.
The difference seems to be about $ 60 extra for the model with catalyst.

Marco

·
Registered
75 Posts
Hello Dflowe:
Thanks for the pointers!
Not too noisy is just fine, I just want a bit of a rumble. I'd like the idea of that catalytic converter as well because that way it would be closer to stock and lessen the chances of popping and backfires and whatnot.
The difference seems to be about $ 60 extra for the model with catalyst.

Marco
Marco,
I don't get any popping or backfiring with mine at all. I was concerned about that when I bought the GPR, but it turned out to not be a problem.

By the way, I installed it myself and didn't have any trouble. If you're handy at all, I don't imagine you'll have much trouble with installation.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts