Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here in the Northern Virginia area, as some of you know, we received a lot of heavy rains last week which resulted in many creeks and streams overflowing their banks. Subsequently, the results left many roadways around here, especially the 2 -lane backroads, with many areas of very fine gravel and sand collections where you least expect them.

Previously, these were all roads that I travel on a lot and am familiar with their layout. I have had to slow down and be extra alert since I hit a few of them and felt the rear end "go loose" just a wee bit. Kinda scary.

You never know. :neutral:

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
thanks for the advise, keep us posted on the road status, ride safe!

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
You could post this information in the Road/Route comments layer of the new Travel Stops map, found under the On the Road forum! If you do, this is the kind of thing that should include a date in the post and, be taken off once things clear up.

·
Registered
19 Posts
AROTh, samething for the Fredericksburg, VA area. The river crested really high and silt was left on the roads, it makes slow down so the shiny side stays up! Thanks for sharing the advice.....

1 - 4 of 4 Posts