Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got my arteriogram and had a stent placed in the artery going to my left hip. It restored blood flow to my hip and leg. My hip that has hurt for 10 years hurts no more. Amazing!

Namaste'
Doug in Kentucky

·
Premium Member
12,581 Posts
great news, now you can mow my yard and I can ride your bike : >)

·
Premium Member
14,516 Posts
Welcome to the STENT club.....
glad for mine, also.

·
Administrator
20,089 Posts
Doug, good to hear it is going well. Were they able to go in the arm or the groin? About a weeks difference in healing time, the arm is so much faster.

This just makes me want a sandwich made from Liverwurst with REAL Mayo. Hardening of the artery's in between two slices of bread. :D

·
Premium Member
14,278 Posts
Good deal, glad you are feeling better.

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Welcome to the STENT club.....
glad for mine, also.
Oh, I have been a member of that club for years. Got my first stent in a vessel on my heart back in 2000.

Namaste'
Doug in Kentucky

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Doug, good to hear it is going well. Were they able to go in the arm or the groin? About a weeks difference in healing time, the arm is so much faster.

This just makes me want a sandwich made from Liverwurst with REAL Mayo. Hardening of the artery's in between two slices of bread. :D
Dave, you are not a nice man. Why don't you just come over and wave that sandwich under my nose? I can't stand it, I may have to go and buy some Liverwurst myself.

Oh, they couldn't go in my arm. My arteries are too little. Genetic thing they tell me.

Namaste'
Doug in Kentucky

·
Administrator
20,089 Posts
I have not had any liver or any organ meet in over 20 years due to cholesterol. My body makes enough without adding to it. A fellow worker came to work a while back and had liverwurst and onion sandwiches and my mouth was a watering.

Get well, try to mind the doc's orders. Maybe have SHMBO put a boot up the backside when ya try slipping in something you not should have. :D

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I have not had any liver or any organ meet in over 20 years due to cholesterol. My body makes enough without adding to it. A fellow worker came to work a while back and had liverwurst and onion sandwiches and my mouth was a watering.

Get well, try to mind the doc's orders. Maybe have SHMBO put a boot up the backside when ya try slipping in something you not should have. :D
Oh believe me, she does. Any woman who can put up with me and still put a boot up when needed is indeed a strong woman.

Namaste'
Doug in Kentucky

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
Doug you've been in my prayers since you first posted your worries. I'm glad everything went well and the pain is gone. :walk::hello1:

·
Registered
3,933 Posts
Good for you Doug! Pain free is a very good thing!

We were talking about Liverwurst the other day and I asked the wife to get some the next time she went grocery shopping. She couldn't find it and ask a clerk and the poor youngster was clueless. Never heard of it. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Good for you Doug! Pain free is a very good thing!

We were talking about Liverwurst the other day and I asked the wife to get some the next time she went grocery shopping. She couldn't find it and ask a clerk and the poor youngster was clueless. Never heard of it. :rolleyes:
I haven't looked for it since I had my first heart attack back in 2000. I had just assumed that it was still available. Surprising.

Namaste'
Doug in Kentucky

·
Premium Member
826 Posts
Almost kicked it in January. Took 3 stents and a doctor who wouldn't give up. Problem now is what the heck to eat every day. If you are what you eat, then I'm chicken. Liverwurst & onions w/mustard on rye!? O...M...G. I'm glad for you DougInKy. Less pain=more miles. :)

·
Premium Member
578 Posts
You would find liverwurst in the deli section of a supermarket/grocery store. It is not kept in the general meat department. Mind you it is fairly fatty and has a high cholesterol rating. I worked in a deli bakery for over 22 years and before then did not like liverwurst. I like Freybe's Gold Liverwurst. The gold refers to it winning a gold medal for its taste etc. Can be very addictive though. Freybe is a Vancouver area supplier of deli meats and the deli where I worked used their products exclusively. Sally

·
Registered
515 Posts
There are some places here in the back woods of NC. that serve something called "Liver Mush",
I have actually seen a person order this, eat it and live :confused:

It looks like liverwurst, sort of smells as bad, but I am told if you put enough mustard on it , you can hide the smell :rolleyes:

Back in my Army days, Thursday was always Liver and Onions for dinner. The line was long at the on base PX snack bar on Thursday :D

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
Congrats Doug , you're now good for a few more miles . :thumbup:

TheReaper!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts