Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today just after I faxed DMV giving them a HARD time about my case, my mail arrived. It had a "Reinstatment" of my drivers license. So I called DMV to opologize for my fax and to make sure this rather complicated set of forms really DID allow me to resume driving. It does, I do, and I am FREE! Took Trish's new Atlantic 500 for for a 70 mile run. It is now MY scooter. She can buy whatever she wants. THIS one is mine, period. Put pictures up at:
http://members.cox.net/pappysplace/

When I get better pictures, I'll put them on that site. For now, just enjoying my new sunburn and sore butt....Been a LONG time. Joe, see ya on Ortega Hwy! :p

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
Mike,

That's absolutely SMOKIN' dude! I'm really happy for you, too bad this couldn't have happened a week earlier, but hey! We take what we can get, right?

It so happens that I just got back from DMV myself, with my brand new shiny motorcycle learner's permit. Nailed the test first time out (I'd have been madder than hell had I not, I don't know why they bother other than as an excuse to snag an extra $12 out of our wallets, their written test is ridiculously easy here in KY).

Keep :D smilin' :D Mike, things are looking up!

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. Trish just got "LEGAL" last Friday herself. Was SO sick from the stress probably. Passed the driving portion so easily in the end. But she was barely able to walk she was so sick with some king of bug. Went to bed well, woke up sick (and scared!).

Even if I had gotten my license back, I think I would have still sold my 650. I want something Trish can ride when she wants to go out. My 650 was just to big for her to even try. She was scared to death of it because of it's width and height. She would ride my 1500 Cruiser all day, but it was lower and easier to manage etc. My Burgman 650 just was NOT a "fit" for her. I thing maybe an Aprilia 150 OR Vespa 200Grand Tourizmo is in Trish's future once I sell my Pontiac Vibe....Think I'm going Italian for awhile!

·
Registered
1,602 Posts
Congrats Pappy... Glad to hear that DMV saw the error of their ways. Or, at least gave you your license back.

Now... GO RIDE!

Hey, which of them scoots was the Aprilia? If it's the one with the crash bars then I am right impressed. Nice Scoot.

Joe

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
january14 said:
Congrats Pappy... Glad to hear that DMV saw the error of their ways. Or, at least gave you your license back.

Now... GO RIDE!

Hey, which of them scoots was the Aprilia? If it's the one with the crash bars then I am right impressed. Nice Scoot.

Joe
It IS the one with the Crash Bars, Onboard computer, Alarm & Immobilizor, Air Temp Guage etc etc. THIS time I'll probably crash cuz I'm playin with crap......

·
Premium Member
4,919 Posts
That's THE BOMB Pappy!!!!!!

Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WOO HOO!!!

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
I looked at the Piaggio at the dealer in Oceanside quite a while ago.
They didn't have the Atlantic in stock at the time but they did have
a smaller version. They may be similar but the Atlantic looks far better.
All the staff there were very helpful & it seems like a good place to do bussiness. They were forthcomming about their problems with the factory
& I liked their honesty about that.
In the end I had to cross the Atlantic off the list because they are the closest dealer to me & that is just way too far for service.

·
Premium Member
4,919 Posts
I like the wheels.

·
Premium Member
4,919 Posts
Atlantic Baby - :wink: They have a cool "cut" to them.

And the taillamps are off the hook also.

Great scoot dude. :)

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
No, the top box is not included. At this point I do NOT plan to buy one but ya never know. I want to make sure it's a scoot both Trish and I BOTH like before any $$$ gets spent. Only thing on order is a Givi Windshield. Not a lot of options for this limited scoot. NOT a big seller.

·
Registered
848 Posts
Glad your back on the road Pappy! I wish we could get the Atlantic 500 here in Canada, but alas all they import is the 200 (and the Scarabeo 500). I took a Vespa GT200 for a test ride a couple of months back and I loved it! (except for the price).

Have a look around http://www.scooterbbs.com/ (if you haven't already) and go to 'International New Scooter BBS'. There is some good info on the new Vespas. The board isn't quite as mature as this place but it's not bad at all. Did you know Vespa is coming out with a GTS250?

How big is the underseat storage compared to the 650?

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks for the link. Yep, know about the Vespa AND the replacement for my Atlantic called the SPRINT. Aprilia is going for the high performance image all the way with an all new light weight and SMALL 250cc body & chassis but with my big motor stuffed into it. Gonna kick butt I think!

Info at: http://www.maxmoto.co.uk/new_scooters.shtml

It's the 2nd scooter from the top.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts