Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
578 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked up my Burgman from Action Motorcycles this afternoon. After 2 months, it has been repaired and is back on the road. Was pouring rain and so I rode home very carefully and anxiously. however no mishaps and it is parked in the back garden once again. Turns out the final bill came to just a little over $5600, almost as much as what I paid for it in October 2013. Relieved that it is all behind me once again and I can now restart my riding. Just hoping for some better weather, cold and wet and not much hope of it getting any better before next week. Sally.

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Glad to hear you got your Burgman back. I know it feels wonderful to have it sitting there waiting for you rather than you waiting on it. As to the weather, remember - this too shall pass.

Namaste'
Doug from Kentucky

·
Registered
3,396 Posts
Someth I don't quite get - 5600 was the cost of repair?!

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Congratulations Sally! So glad to hear she's home with you again.

Yep Bolzen, that's a pretty amazing total for an accident which happened in her back yard. That Tupperware gets mighty expensive.

·
Premium Member
578 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I don't know if that was just the cost of the parts or if the labour was included in that total. All I know is when I asked the tech what was the final cost, he said a tad over $5600. My jaw dropped open and I was stunned. I only paid $5544 for the scooter. They had it for sale for $4950 and the sales taxes and documentation fees took care of the rest of the figure. It was a steal at that price what with only having 1426 kms on the engine. I still can't believe it cost that much but the tech said the Burgman is one of the most expensive bikes/scooters to repair due to all the small parts and the cost of those parts and the cost of the Tupperware.
Sally

·
Registered
3,396 Posts
You should have bought another one and kept this one for parts. Or if you don't need parts you could have raised $2000 minimum by selling it, or i still don't understand someth.

·
Premium Member
14,278 Posts
Congrats on getting you bike back.

·
Premium Member
578 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Bolzen, I don't have the money to buy another one. The amount it cost me was $500 which was the amount of the deductible. The insurance company paid the $5600 out, not me.
Sally.

·
Registered
585 Posts
Most insurance companies would have totaled it and let you start searching for another ride.

·
Premium Member
578 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Winginit, yes I am and especially after I went 2 years with no scooter. I had not thought it would be that long without one, but it took me a while to find employment again. It always felt like something was missing and I cried when it was being tied down to the new owners carrier on the back of his pickup truck. Sounds silly and a woman thing but I had gotten attached to my scooter. I feel the same about my car, it is mine and I can do with it what I want when I want. It was a matter of pride to me that I had done something my ex could not, pass the motorcycle course and bought a scooter. He always told me I was nothing without him and said I'd come crawling back after I left him and divorced him and that I was useless and just a girl. He even told his own daughters that boys were better, needless to say they don't have very much to do with their Dad, as little as possible. I just said he had old fashioned bigoted ideas and they were fine, they would be independent women and would go as far as they wished in life.
So yeah I am happy to get back riding and enjoying the scooter.
Sally

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
Congratulations! It's great to see you back on your bike -- and your bike back -- again. Wishing you clear skies, dry pavement and warm weather again soon...

·
Registered
89 Posts
That's great news!
Thank heavens for a good insurance policy heh!

Spring's here now, (in France) so you'll be away anyday soon!

·
Registered
108 Posts
Well Sally in that case I hope you enjoy it even more, I'm not sure when your riding season will begin but it can,t be much longer !

·
Registered
243 Posts
Way to go Sally. Wishes for many years of enjoyment on your Burgman.

Now, about those daughters -- i've got two sons and…………………..;)!!

·
Registered
3,396 Posts
The amount it cost me was $500 which was the amount of the deductible.
That's quite another matter, Sally -- i thought first ins refused to foot the bill.
H*** with that husband of yours, B is the best friend anyways :D

·
Administrator
20,114 Posts
To HeII with that EX-husband of yours, B is the best friend anyways :D
+1
Off topic but good for you. My mother put up with a dominating and belittling husband for so many years. The beatings and mental abuse was almost daily and she stayed with the jerk. Till one day a little boy of 7 years old stepped in-between him and her as he was handing out a beating and that little boy woke up in hospital. Mom left that sorry excuse of a man that day. I told that (stepfather) Ba$tard I would kill him some day if he touched her again. Years later he devoleped lung and brain cancer and suffered for about 4 years of treatments and agony, died at 71. KARMA!

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
+1
Off topic but good for you. My mother put up with a dominating and belittling husband for so many years. The beatings and mental abuse was almost daily and she stayed with the jerk. Till one day a little boy of 7 years old stepped in-between him and her as he was handing out a beating and that little boy woke up in hospital. Mom left that sorry excuse of a man that day. I told that (stepfather) Ba$tard I would kill him some day if he touched her again. Years later he devoleped lung and brain cancer and suffered for about 4 years of treatments and agony, died at 71. KARMA!
I was raised by an abusive father as well. I resolved that my children would never have to tolerate abuse and followed up with that promise to them. The abuse stopped with my father, I did not carry it to the next generation. My mother finally left him after I left to join the Marines to escape the abuse myself. I figured that the Marines couldn't do anything to me that was worse than what my father had done to me, I was right. After divorcing my father, my mother found another man that treated her well for the rest of her life, I am glad for my step-father, he was a fine man. He loved my mother as she should have been loved all along. Both my parents are dead now as well as my step-father.

Namaste'
Doug from Kentucky

·
Registered
770 Posts
After how my father treated me, I decided to break the cycle...started saving money when I was 14 for a vasectomy. Unfortunately, I couldn't find a doctor to do it when I turned 18.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I was not sure about the big expense as well. But that insurance paid up made sense then.
With all new parts and Tupperware, is like getting a new cycle. But one that you are closer to :)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts