Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner
21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
678 Posts
Thanks for asking about the BV
And when you have the time, I'd still like a similar run-down on your MP3, if you would. Especially with regard to it's low speed handling.
I have heard they can feel quite "top-heavy" despite their 3 wheels stability.
Thanks. :)

·
Super Moderator
5,413 Posts
Thanks for asking about the BV. It's one of the hidden gems of the scooter/motorcycling world...
...and light too.
I bet people get quite a shock when that little “moped” takes off from the lights. :)
Somebody I used to ride with had one and whenever he took out people used to try and catch up to check it out - presumably they thought it was modified, it is so much faster than it’s looks suggest.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
And when you have the time, I'd still like a similar run-down on your MP3, if you would. Especially with regard to it's low speed handling.
I have heard they can feel quite "top-heavy" despite their 3 wheels stability.
Thanks. :)
I'd love to do a review of the MP3. It will be hard to keep it to less than 10 pages because it's such a unique and fun machine.
Let me know if I stray too much into other makes/models of bikes and scooters. I'm crazy about all the different kinds of bikes.
I'll post something on the MP3 soon as I get a few minutes to spare. I'm back out to the garage to try to finish my XV1600 and get it back on the road for a ride on this sunny day.
It's also a MotoGP weekend! Any MotoGP fans here??

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Please share a link to Amazon for the gas shock. Thanks
Hope I got the correct link. Let me know.
This gas spring works better than I expected. It has just the right amount of "spring" to pop up the seat and it slows as it goes up to its last inch or so.

·
Administrator
22,125 Posts
I am listening to some sort of racing at Pacfic Raceway. Sounds like cars on the winding road corce. The southeast corner is about 3/4 mile from my house.

·
Premium Member
9,737 Posts
Any MotoGP fans here??
Somewhat:
  • 2007: Flew out, with riding buddy, from Albany, NY, to the races at Laguna Seca (rented an absolutely horrible PT Cruiser there).
  • 2008: The two of us rode Execs (mine, an '07, his, an '08) from Albany to Indy, for the races.
  • 2009: The two of us rode Execs (mine, an '07, his, an '08) from Albany to Indy, for the races.
  • 2013: The two of us rode a Victory bagger (me) and a BMW RT1200 (him) from Albany to Austin, for the races.
  • Last half dozen years - present: we split a MotoGP.com subscription.
(And a bunch of MotoAmerica, etc., races with my buddy, or my wife, but you didn't ask about that.)

Reactions: Dave_J

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
Somewhat:
  • 2007: Flew out, with riding buddy, from Albany, NY, to the races at Laguna Seca (rented an absolutely horrible PT Cruiser there).
  • 2008: The two of us rode Execs (mine, an '07, his, an '08) from Albany to Indy, for the races.
  • 2009: The two of us rode Execs (mine, an '07, his, an '08) from Albany to Indy, for the races.
  • 2013: The two of us rode a Victory bagger (me) and a BMW RT1200 (him) from Albany to Austin, for the races.
  • Last half dozen years - present: we split a MotoGP.com subscription.
(And a bunch of MotoAmerica, etc., races with my buddy, or my wife, but you didn't ask about that.)
Wow! I would love to ride to a MotoGP race. I get to dreaming when I see the helicopter shots of the parking lots full of bikes in Europe. It's almost too much to dream to spend a couple weeks riding in Europe and top it off with a weekend at the races.
I finally got the subscription, now that I'll have more time to watch.
You can get your wife to go to a race? (Does she ride?) That's amazing. After all these years, MotoGP on the TV is the only thing my wife finds interesting. Not the bikes, but she's invested now that she knows the riders. They are great ambassadors for the sport. I've got to say, even though the subscription costs a bit, they sure do a good job with the quality and quantity of the media they put out.
MotoAmerica is something my sons and I are planning to get into this coming year. We are close enough to make it a fun ride to the Ridge Motorsports Park in Shelton, WA.

Cloud Sky Plant Ecoregion Tire

21 - 29 of 29 Posts