Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went all through my new to me Burgman 650. I did all the lubrication and maintenance parts replacements. Replaced the gas spring for the seat with the inexpensive one off of Amazon. I found one coil had been completely wiped out by corrosion, glad I caught that.
I was really looking forward to an afternoon ride and I wasn't disappointed. These are such a nice looking and riding machine. I'm glad I was able to find a red one. Too many current bikes are grey or black.
I'll attach some pics. Hope it's not too many. I enjoy taking lots of pics anytime I'm out on a bike. Thanks to others that post pics. It's nice to see bikes out and being enjoyed.
Can anyone guess where these are at? No place really special, just close to home. Dave, I'm sure you've been by this town.
Tire Land vehicle Wheel Vehicle Fuel tank Tire Shoe Automotive tire Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Wheel Tire Property Window Plant Wheel Tire Vehicle Window Building Tire Wheel Sky Plant Cloud Tire Wheel Plant Land vehicle Vehicle Wheel Cloud Plant Tire Building Tire Wheel Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive lighting

·
Premium Member
4,180 Posts
Well Done ! It’s amazing to see how much room it takes to dismantle a Burgman.

·
Registered
678 Posts
Is that an MP3 lurking in the background?
I believe that I've found an actual owner!
Will pick your brains about that, perhaps, later, if I may.

Nice looking B650. Don't see ANY Red ones here. (UK).

·
Administrator
22,125 Posts

There are not too many RED ones here ether. He lives about 10 miles south of me.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Yes Sir !!
That is my 2020 MP3 !
I would love to chat about that, too!! They are rarer than Sasquatch sitings around here.
I was just working out my next post in my head directed to you and other UK riders. I'm recently retired and preparing my bucket list. I have always wanted to visit the UK with my wife and ride. It's just a dream now, but fun to think about and plan.

·
Registered
678 Posts
I'm recently retired and preparing my bucket list. I have always wanted to visit the UK
See thread "Getting Away From It All" for my part of UK.
We have some terrific roads, if a few too many speed limits and sign posts (another thread).;)

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
See thread "Getting Away From It All" for my part of UK.
We have some terrific roads, if a few too many speed limits and sign posts (another thread).;)
Thanks for letting me know about your other post. I will check it out this evening!

·
Administrator
22,125 Posts
Kurt, with you being retired maybe do a lunch meet-up some day.

My go to place for Brunch was 'The Buttered Biscuit II' in Bonney Lake but the development next door kind of drove customers away.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Kurt, with you being retired maybe do a lunch meet-up some day.

My go to place for Brunch was 'The Buttered Biscuit II' in Bonney Lake but the development next door kind of drove customers away.
That would be great to do lunch someday. We used to go to the Buttered Biscuit on Main Street in Buckley for breakfast. It looks like the BB II on Hwy 410 is closed now. I think the one in Buckley is gone, too.
That's on the list also... find good cafe's to ride to.
Yeah, Hwy 410 is going to be another S Meridian in a few years.

·
Super Moderator
2017 Suzuki Burgman 650
15,188 Posts
Nice looking bike and job well done sir.
The red color was one of the best for the big Burger. Yours looks great. Excellent pics too by the way. Please keep up with documenting your rides.
Thank you for sharing.

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
Not sure what year it is but it looked pretty clean under the Tupperware. Saved yourself $$$$$ doing it all yourself. Congrats!

·
Premium Member
9,737 Posts
Not sure what year it is but it looked pretty clean under the Tupperware. Saved yourself $$$$$ doing it all yourself. Congrats!
I'm guessing 2007, because I had an '07 Exec in that color.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Nice looking bike and job well done sir.
The red color was one of the best for the big Burger. Yours looks great. Excellent pics too by the way. Please keep up with documenting your rides.
Thank you for sharing.
Thanks for the encouragement. I think a post is so much better with a picture or two.
That being said, here's a picture of the Burgman with one of its many stable mates. Even with the lens playing with the perception of size, it still shows how it compares to one of the largest bikes.
Tire Wheel Vehicle Plant Automotive fuel system

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks!
I haven't ever had to take a bike to a shop in 47 years of owning and riding bikes. I feel good about that. My career was in automotive and aircraft mechanics. Maintaining machines and solving problems has always been my passion. I duck out into the garage whenever I can to work on my bikes, and go for a ride when I can break away from my projects. Motor vehicle Hood Automotive tire Vehicle Light

·
Administrator
22,125 Posts
But, how do you keep that Electra clean in all this rain?

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
Thanks!
I haven't ever had to take a bike to a shop in 47 years of owning and riding bikes. I feel good about that. My career was in automotive and aircraft mechanics. Maintaining machines and solving problems has always been my passion. I duck out into the garage whenever I can to work on my bikes, and go for a ride when I can break away from my projects. View attachment 95812
What do you think of the Beverly 350?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
What do you think of the Beverly 350?
Thanks for asking about the BV. It's one of the hidden gems of the scooter/motorcycling world. I'm sure it would really sell better if more riders had the chance to do some miles on one.
I bought mine new in 2014 and put 10k miles on it so far, mostly commuting 2hrs daily to work in Seattle. It is very well designed and built. The brakes and the suspension work really well. Everyone I've let ride it comes back commenting on how much power it has. It will do above 65mpg easily. This is one of the bikes that each time you go for a ride, for fun or a commute, you find yourself thinking "this is really a joy to ride". For me, it has the perfect ergonomics. The rider triangle is so comfortable, but you feel in complete control of it's excellent handling.
I loaned it to one of my sons for a couple weeks and he decided he had to have one. The dealer in Tacoma had closed shop by then, and I don't think you will ever find a new one for sale in Washington state anymore. He decided to go with the Yamaha XMax 300. I think he prefers it's more angular lines.
I'll attach some pics of the bikes. Also a couple of pics of my editorial assistants. They make it slow going when posting on BUSA!
Wheel Sky Tire Vehicle Automotive lighting Tire Land vehicle Wheel Water Vehicle Tire Wheel Sky Water Vehicle Wheel Tire Sky Vehicle Automotive tire Tire Wheel Water Sky Vehicle Cat Comfort Felidae Table Carnivore Computer Peripheral Personal computer Input device Table

1 - 20 of 29 Posts