Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took delivery of my Silver '05 Burgman 650 today; what a high. The dealer, as others have reported, had no idea about the OD. He said he will check with the rep and get back to me; I won't hold my breath. I didn't have much of a chance to ride it today, but I will report on it as things progress. Right now let me just say it's more bike to handle than the 400, but I don't think that will be a problem. More and pics to follow. :D

·
Registered
30,277 Posts
Congratulations on the new Burgman 650 Howard. I'm sure you'll enjoy the new toy.

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
Woo Hoo!! Maybe I need to take a trip to test ride it. :wink:

(just kidding, I'm not going over that bridge again until it's fixed with concrete. )

Congratulations.
just curious, what does Nancy think about it. Slutty Suzie also or a new name?

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Nancy has named it "Slutty Sally" and she is as happy about this one as the she was about the 400. :roll:

·
Premium Member
11,295 Posts
Howard
Congratulations - this seems to be an exponential experience all these folks taking delivery of Lardies! :lol:
Don't worry apart the lardiness Howard you will soon find it is just as 'chuckable' - the only thing I miss are the combination brakes which I believe was a superb set up and the thing I love (apart from the power, smoothness, leg room...) is the capacity for engine braking. Honestly, once you have mastered it, it is really useful - must remember to flash the brake lights tho' :oops:

·
Premium Member
1,402 Posts
Congrats Howard!
You must be in heaven, and all that warm riding weather too! :wink:

I wouldn't worry about the dealer too much.
You'll learn more here. 8)

·
Premium Member
4,919 Posts
That is good news Chuck!
Like Norm said...there's new "Lardys" popping up all over the place it seems!
Keep us informed!
Pete

·
Registered
355 Posts
Way to go Howard!

Keep us posted on your 650 experiences...

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
125 miles under my belt

Went on a nice ride today; what a dream machine. The 650 is much more stable in a crosswind then the 400 was. I got blown around, but the bike didn't. I tried to vary the speed as much as I could, but I was keeping pace with my Beemer buddies. I kept it at and under 4000RMP and still hit a high of 66 MPH. I tried to vary my speed and RMP as much I could between 3500 and 4000, but there wasn't much opportunity to get it below 3500 unless we were going through a town. I will try to vary it more as time goes on. Anyway, keep ya'll posted.

·
Premium Member
11,295 Posts
Thats a difficult one - ain't it!

I have been keeping to 4000 rpm in the main, but with brief accelerations up to the 90mph (indicated) - did not notice the rpm but guess it was higher than 4000!! :shock:

·
Registered
605 Posts
Congrads on your 650!! So just one simple question... how does the OD engage when you are in the automatic mode. Does the OD light come on? I just got mine as well but I won't riding it until the weekend and even if I do I'll not punch it up to 70-80 mph until at least 200 miles break in.

Glad to hear you are enjoying it.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts