Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Absolutely amazing machine. Very impressed. Fit and finish, smoothness, handling, brakes etc. are all you could ask for. My only problems with it are:
For more years than I care to own up to I've had three or four bikes in my shop. Normally one is a cruiser and the others race and sportbikes. Only around ten percent of my riding has been on a cruiser in the past ten years or more. Ninety percent of my riding has been on sport models which are so comfortable to me they are like putting on an old pair of shoes and I feel totally a part of the macjine. Now I have one two wheeled vehicle and it's the B-650.

Whats wrong with the B-650...Well...The foot brake is not effective no matter how hard I press on it. Also the clutch instead of freeing the engine as you want to change a gear or are pulling up to stop for some reason wants to stop the critter. The auto transmission must be stuck in one gear for I never feel it shift like the units in our four wheeled vehicles.

Now to the scooter. I do have a problem adjusting to it. Specifically the controles and must keep telling myself the left lever is not a clutch and there is no foot brake lever. Much improved now though. Also have not got used to the parking brake. Twice I've started off with it on but quickly realized the problem and released it. Whoever heard of a parling brake on a bike?

The bike is so smooth. Took it out on some back roads with lots of curves I used as a practice area before. The scoot handled absolutely great and I was very surprised to see the speeds I was carving through apexs at. Never saw anthing where power went to the ground so smoothly. Kept feeling I wanted to downshift going in and upshift coming out. Also surprised at how much power is available. Seating was very comfortable. I am only 5 ft. 4 and 1/2 inches tall, around 140 pounds, and would like a little higher windshield. Any suggestions wil be appreciated. With my recent back surgery and small stature I was concerned it might be heavy to get off the side stand but it is very easy. Putting Carolyn on the back in the shop made it quite hard for me but I made an inch thick peice of wood
around 6X2 inches to place under the stand and with a long string on it to loop over the left handle bar grip. This raised the bike enough to be easy to pick up with her and then using the string pull the spacer up and put in one of the storage compartments.

Yes I like it a lot and look forward to many happy, enjoyable miles for us on it. The quality of the machine and everytjhing about riding it is very impressive. I just need to practice on it a bit more...but am beginng to get more comfortable not having a clutch and foot brake. Great scooter with no disappointments at all. Certainly everything I/we wanted.
Chuck

·
Registered
30,277 Posts
Chuck,

Rumor has it that the 2005 Burgman 650 has an adjustable windshield. So far, no one has confirmed it. You'll need to go thru the same process as replacing the shield to adjust it. If it turns out that the windshield is not adjustable, you can try shimming the upper portion of the screen. See this thread for instructions :

http://burgmanusa.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=2301

·
Premium Member
4,919 Posts
Excellent news Chuck! Please keep us posted!
Pete

1 - 3 of 3 Posts