Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
578 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had an interview on Friday lunchtime and the doctor liked me so offered me the job. After 2 years of unemployment I now am in a new job and gainfully employed back behind a desk and doing reception work. My girlfriend was leaving and recommended me for her position. I wrote a cover letter and sent it off with my resume and he phoned that night (Wednesday) to set up the interview for the Friday lunchtime.
It is working 35 hours a week as a receptionist/medical office assistant Tuesday to Saturday so full time hours at a decent rate of pay with benefits after 3 months. I recently was hired (end of June) as a part time worker for Bed Bath and Beyond but the hours I have been given are less than 18 a week and I cannot exist on that. So I jumped at the chance to take over my girlfriend's job as she is leaving to move away. Just thought I would let you folks know that things have finally turned around for me and the future looks bright indeed.
Sally

·
Premium Member
8,127 Posts
congratulations and great to see you back on the board too,

·
Premium Member
339 Posts
That's great news. Having been there myself, I know the feelings of self doubt that unemployment can give you. Congrats and good luck

·
I'm Retired
9,364 Posts
Congratulations!

Chris

·
Premium Member
319 Posts
Way to go Sally!!! :cheers:

·
Premium Member
578 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Cheap0 I'd love to be able to do that but I have to build up an emergency fund again and also get my teeth sorted out. I have about 8 broken fillings that need repairing and that will take money and time and that comes first. My friends don't want me to get another Burgman neither do my daughters but I do see another one some time in the future. They don't run my life and I don't run theirs. I understand their point of view but respectfully will go my own way. I did not get rid of my jackets or helmets specifically for the reason that I was going to get another scooter when the time was right. I also still have a wheel lock device too.
Sally.

·
Premium Member
11,296 Posts
Way to go Sally, really chuffed for you.
I manage a doctors surgery (10 GPs, 5 Nurses, 3 Health Care Assistants, and 20 mainly part time staff) a good receptionist is worth her weight in gold.

·
Registered
3,933 Posts
Congrats! Way to go girl!
My wife worked the front and back office of medical practices for 20+ years and loved it.
Hope you do as well.

·
Premium Member
4,516 Posts
1+ :thumbup:

·
Registered
2,455 Posts
*Likes This*
+1
"Would Buy Again"
8)
:D
:thumbup:
:cheers:
and, well, pretty much any other online method of saying, "Way to Go!" you can think of. :)

·
Premium Member
499 Posts
Congrats! on the new job

Congratulations, Sally, on your new job and the monetary relief it will bring!!
And a big happy wave from your neighbor to the south, across the Strait.

·
Premium Member
1,485 Posts
I too have had periods of unemployment and what helped me get thru them is me recognizing that, although unemployed, I still had my various skills,talents, and proper attitude and that at some point, someone will realize that and make me an offer. Just because one loses a job doesnt mean that they also lost what they can bring to the table, so to speak.

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
tomfelock, well said and a great attitude to have.

·
Premium Member
578 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Well it has been a great week up till today. Still got the job- something worse - 6 month pregnant 33 year old daughter diagnosed with breast cancer. Yes the unthinkable has struck our Samantha, it does run in the family and choose her. We are all blindsided and awaiting answers to all of our questions. Have to see the docs at the Cancer Clinic and hope for the best and say quite a few prayers. All I can say for now.
Sally

·
Premium Member
339 Posts
You will be in our thoughts and prayers

·
Registered
492 Posts
well done on the job.but I am so sorry to hear about your daughter
Life as they say is a sod.....but my thoughts go with you as you have to make difficult decisions xx

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
Sally
I'm so terribly shocked, and sorry to hear about Samantha's breast cancer. My sympathy and prayers go out to your family.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts