Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I just sold a new genuine Suzuki Carrier. But I realized that the new owner must have the plastic "plate" that fits into the hole left after the passenger backrest is removed. He doesnt have that so I may have to refund his money. Meanwhile, I have been looking all over the Net for this plastic piece that has the 3 holes for the bolts that hold the Carrier on. So far I'm having no luck. I also dont know exactly what this piece is called.

So does anyone know where I might find this?

UPDATE: I located the plastic piece needed. It's part number
46210-26811-RB5 . They are calling it a "White Passenger Handle Cover" but I've also heard it called something else.

So whoever wants to buy my case will have to buy that part for an average of $70.

Wheel Tire Vehicle Automotive tire Watercraft

·
Premium Member
15,249 Posts
I just sold a new genuine Suzuki Carrier. But I realized that the new owner must have the plastic "plate" that fits into the hole left after the passenger backrest is removed. He doesnt have that so I may have to refund his money. Meanwhile, I have been looking all over the Net for this plastic piece that has the 3 holes for the bolts that hold the Carrier on. So far I'm having no luck. I also dont know exactly what this piece is called.

So does anyone know where I might find this?

Thanks1

View attachment 100258
I think it might be "STOPPER SET REAR BOX PLATE," part # 93200-26820, based on my looking at this pic ...

Rectangle Font Parallel Circle Screenshot

... at this page:

According to this, it's used, or fits, or is optional, on 2013-2017 six-fiddies:

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think it might be "STOPPER SET REAR BOX PLATE," part # 93200-26820, based on my looking at this pic ...

View attachment 100260

Thanks for the reply, but that doesnt appear to look like what I need. Mine is plastic with 3 large holes and grommets for the bolt stand-offs to go through. (see my photo) If that IS it, I will need a better photo or diagram. To be sure, I'll call that company tomorrow and send them my photo to double check.

Thanks again!

·
Registered
182 Posts
Thanks for the reply, but that doesnt appear to look like what I need. Mine is plastic with 3 large holes and grommets for the bolt stand-offs to go through. (see my photo) If that IS it, I will need a better photo or diagram. To be sure, I'll call that company tomorrow and send them my photo to double check.

Thanks again!
This place calls it a "Passenger Handle Cover" Passenger Handle Cover, Matte Black (2013-2018) | Suzuki Motor USA, LLC

They don't come with the holes. When I installed my top case plate, I had to drill the holes and the plate kit (wspollack's post) came with the rubber grommets and posts.

Edit - Actually, I had to purchase the cover separately to replace the pillon back rest cover. I don't remember from who had the white ones.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
They don't come with the holes. When I installed my top case plate, I had to drill the holes and the plate kit (wspollack's post) came with the rubber grommets and posts.

So THAT's why it looks different. Odd, because you'd think punching 3 holes before selling would be no big deal. PS: It's unbelievable what a simple piece of plastic costs!
Anyway, now I have to look for a white one.

Thanks1

·
Registered
182 Posts
"Does anyone make a rack that hangs BEHIND the passenger backrest where the Carrier's mounting plate could connect to?"
I have never seen one. I have only seen top cases that replace the OEM pillon backrest with a pad slapped on to it.

"Odd, because you'd think punching 3 holes before selling would be no big deal."
My guess is they make just the one cover for someone who doesn't want the pillon backrest or a topcase. Probably more cost effective than to keep two separate versions in stock.

·
Registered
2022 Matte Deep Blue Kymco AK 550
4,769 Posts
@wvburg
Lots of parts you will find here.
2017 Suzuki AN650ZL7 OEM Parts, CyclePartsNation Suzuki Parts Nation

And that cover plate is here if you DON'T have the other parts for the back rest. If you need the holes you do drill those yourself using the + marks on the underside that show where.
2017 Suzuki AN650ZL7 Optional (Cover Set Pillion Rider) | CyclePartsNation Suzuki Parts Nation

But if you want to add the back rest then that cover plate won't work for you and you will need the parts found here.
2017 Suzuki AN650ZL7 Pillion Rider Handle | CyclePartsNation Suzuki Parts Nation

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

·
Administrator
23,628 Posts
OK, you only need that part when you remove the trunk off your 2013 and newer 650.

If the new buyer wishes to modify their 2013 and rear cover by drilling 3 holes it will work without a new cover.

I may be wrong but that mounting plate will, I am really thinking, fit all Burgman 650s using the correct alumimn spacers for their bike. It has the same bolt spacing. I think the earler, Gen 1 and Gen 2 400 has the same bolt spacing and only requires 3 holes drilled in the rear cover.

I am not sure on the latest body change from the 2008 400 body. Maybe a 400 expert can answer this.

Edited for spelling

Reactions: rjs987

·
Registered
4,769 Posts
I had the Givi plate on my 2005 Burgman 650 and this Suzuki plate on my 2013 Burgman 650. The Suzuki plate and mounting with spacers is the exact same for both the early and later models of Burgman. I preferred the Suzuki branded aluminum plate over the plastic composite Givi mounting plate. I now have a Givi aluminum Trekker plate on my AK 550.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
OK, you only need that part when you remove the trunk off your 2013 and newer 650.

If the new buyer wishes to modify their 2013 and rear cover by drilling 3 holes it will work without a new cover.
Thanks, but the new buyer has a 2018 like mine, so he needs that piece of plastic that costs on average SEVENTY BUCKS. Anyway, he decided not to spend another $70 after already spending $160 for the case, shipping, and Paypal fees.

This is it.

Rectangle Waste container Dishware Plastic Auto part

·
Administrator
23,628 Posts
I may be wrong but the panel on his bike just needs the three holes drilled in his panel. He will only need a new $70 panel when he takes the plate off.

You will need one $70 panel to replace yours that has holes in it. Or swap his un-drilled panel for yours.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I have the Burgman 400. The plastic cover on the top back of the bike has to be drilled by the user to accommodate the Suzuki branded (and other brands too) of luggage carrier. I imagine the 650 is similar. I have done it on mine. Instructions are included with luggage carrier. The plastic cover has marks on the underside where holes are to be drilled.

If the owner completely removes the luggage carrier, they are left with holes in the plastic cover. If they are objectionably, the cover needs to be replaced (costs more than the luggage carrier?) Or holes covered or filled by user.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I may be wrong but the panel on his bike just needs the three holes drilled in his panel. He will only need a new $70 panel when he takes the plate off. You will need one $70 panel to replace yours that has holes in it. Or swap his un-drilled panel for yours.
Automotive tail & brake light Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Vehicle registration plate White

I'm not sure what we're missing in this conversation, but when you remove the passenger backrest shown here, that leaves a hole which must be covered by the plastic piece that I spent half a day looking for. I dont have that piece, so a new owner will have to buy it. Due to this, I'm reducing the price of the case to $75.

·
Registered
4,769 Posts
I was thinking that might happen. That's one reason I posted the link to the backrest parts above.
I had the back rest like that one on my 2013 and replaced it with the official Suzuki cover and aluminum plate with spacers and a Suzuki branded top case (which is really a Kappa top case).
So someone will need that cover. If no top case or mounting plate is to be added then without the holes. But if adding a plate and top case then with the holes. Figure out who needs which cover and the one who needs the cover without the holes should be the one who buys it. IIUC

Reactions: wspollack
1 - 20 of 29 Posts