Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:lol: I was in the local Suzuki dealer checking out the Burgman 400, trying to figure out how to afford it. The salesman says he can give me a pretty good deal and comes back with $5300 plus sales tax. I think to myself that it sounds pretty good. Then he says, "We got a used 650 in yesterday with some body damage from falling over. I can sell it as is for $3000." I about fell over!! I asked to see it. It had 3000 miles on it. It has minor scratches on one side of the front and a few more major ones on the other. The left floorboard plasic is broken some at the front. That was it. I took it out for a test drive and I fell in love! I put a down payment on it and should be able to pick it up this week! To top it off, the salesman said he will give me 10-15% off any parts I need to fix it.

Before we left, I found out he had just taken an Elite 250 in trade and would sell it for $1100. To make a long story short, I will be getting 2 nice scooters for what I was going to pay for a new 250 Kymco! We had actually been there to look at a first bike for my son (he gets the Elite). The Lord was smiling on us today!

·
Registered
969 Posts
Welcome Xray from Albany. There's getting to be quite a few Megascoot riders in our area.

Steve

Gear up!

·
Registered
689 Posts
That's a hell of a deal on the used 650, don't wait too long to pick it up. Not until you take delivery the deal is not done, dealer can change his mind come up with some Bull why he can not sell it for that price.

·
Registered
13,278 Posts
Congratulations on the 'Pre-Loved' Burgman Xray. Look at it this way, some of us put a few scratches on our new scoots. Now you don't have to worry if ya add a little more 'character' to yours.

·
Registered
3,323 Posts
Congrats on the new purchases. Welcome to the forums. Look at ebay on getting some of your replacement plastic.

·
Premium Member
11,296 Posts
Welcome XRAY

Congratulations on the Lardy purchase - great deal.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I actually work in Portland at the hospital. I bought the Burgman atAnderson Powersports. They carry all 4 Japanese brands now. I had actually went with my son to see a 250 Ninja for him when all this transpired.

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
eBay Plastics

If you can't find the plastics on eBay get them at http://www.crotchrocket.com. Silly name but I've ordered parts several times from them now. Best pricing on the web as far as I can tell and pretty quick to ship. Shipping is very reasonable as well.

I'm still looking for a left side lower leg shield so I've got 1st dibs since I've had mine longer! :lol:

Welcome aboard!

Dee

1 - 9 of 9 Posts