Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
700 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As above. Going away next week and just got around to having a proper look at the Gopro I bought to record the trip.

Tried mounting it on the left mirror housing - too shaky. Tried mounting it on the flat top front edge of the front mudguard (fender?). Asked the builder who was working across from my house if it came anywhere near hitting the front panel when I bounced it. "Nah, mate - plenty of room". Fixed it on, went down the road, hit a bump and ...crack, off it came and bounced down the road. Note: Never trust a builders word! Tough piece of equipment though - no damage done thankfully.

So, any ideas?

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
I mount my GoPro using helmet mounting. Use a curved sticky mount to do so. I have several helmets set up with these mounts. GoPro sells a mount that works well for motorcycles. I bought mine at my local Best Buy, not sure if you have them over there...

Namaste'
Doug in Kentucky

·
Registered
154 Posts
I've had good success mounting my GoPro on the underside of the dash as pictured. I can point the camera towards the front or have it face me. Now obviously with my summer windscreen (chopped and painted) my GoPro now has limited duties. You can also mount on the passenger grab-rails. Make sure you use the little rubber do-hickey on the mount to reduce vibration.

late,
Coz

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Coz Boogie, I like your mounting ideas. Expect that as soon as I get my hard bags mounted (my racks came in today) I will be adding a stickie under my dash too.

Thanks,
Doug in Kentucky

·
Premium Member
647 Posts

·
Premium Member
700 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hmmm. Cant stick it on underside of dash as my satnav is there. Cant stick it on top of dash as I have a rifle air vent fitted to the screen and that will block the forward view. Cant fit it to my brake reservoir as I have a Givi screen and the curve of the screen for the hand wind deflector is in line with reservoir and will distort picture. Have tried fitting to nosecone of bike but still too wobbly. Cant fit it on top front of helmet as even with camera removed, the 3M mount will prevent visor from being raised. Cant fit it to top of helmet as the Nolan N43e Air has a central air vent running from front to (almost) rear. Cant fit to rear top of helmet as surface is semi-pointed and 3M pad, even the curved one, will not sit flush. Now run out of ideas!

·
Registered
2,676 Posts
Several of my buddies have this type of camera and have found that the best way to reduce the effects of vibration is to helmet mount it.
This also allow the viewer to see what you were seeing. (A LOT less boring)

·
Registered
36 Posts
I mounted my hero 3 using a u bolt Ram mount, secure to my left rear passenger grab rail. Then I used a 5.25 inch arm, then used my wifi app on the phone to get an idea where it was pointing. It was very secure, steady, and I like the sense of speed with a view of driver and incoming traffic.

Drove 6 hours through mountain curves and even dirt switchbacks, no problems. I'll link a vid here so you can see it.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I have a Burgman 650 Executive with a Givi windscreen. My GoPro video camera was mounted on a RAM mount attached to the right brake fluid reservoir. Although the results were fairly good, the reflection of the windscreen often reduced the quality of my ride videos.

I decided to mount my GoPro camera on the front of my right-side extension. This location allows me to start and stop the camera while riding. I was concerned; however, about the vibration. I know that the screen is large and flexes, especially at high speeds.

To attach the camera to the screen, I used an adhesive pad with two small mounting connectors. To ensure that I don't lose the camera if I hit a bump, I added a small lanyard fixed to one of the Tupperware screws.

Here is an example of a video taken with my GoPro attached in this fashion. To test vibration, I was traveling 65-80 mph.

Default resolution is 360p. You can increase it to 760p if you wish.

·
Registered
4 Posts
GoPro mount

Motorcycle Larry makes a replacement cover for you brake or clutch that makes mounting a RAM arm easy.

Or perhaps this

·
Premium Member
409 Posts
I have my GoPro Hero mounted under my left mirror on my 2007 650

I am still testing it out. I just tell the GoPro it's upside down.

So far I hear some kind of vibration but cannot place it yet

The suggestions here have been good

1 - 16 of 16 Posts